What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chrome browser, windows 10, amd cpu with a asusrock 970 motherboard, for one.

WAN > Dns Filter > ‘On’ > mode = ‘Router’
Dns fields > leave empty.

Maybe try, if you haven’t already?

I nuked (see @L&LD) the 87U, and started all over with 13_5. I reclaimed the DDNS address, formatted the drive, reformatted the drive and added only Diversion and pixelserv, and Skynet, and for about 10 minutes it worked, and then ads came back. (I haven't experienced this in a few years. Wow.)
Likely not a Diversion/pixelserv-tls problem.

Yes, I think this 87U is for the dustbin of history as a router. I had heat problems with it earlier that I thought I had resolved with a little fan in the cover. In all other respects it is working fine though. I might repurpose it as a bridge.

EDIT: Wait one. The USB drive I have in this is a Sandisk' Cruzer Fit. I'm swapping it out to see if another one behaves differently.

Last edited:
I have just nuked and rebuilt from scratch a DSL-AC68U running @GNUton firmware version 384.17 [started with stock firmware latest build for this router under factory reset - then dirty flash to 384.17 ... followed by factory reset etc etc ala @L&LD ]

WHAT a pleasure to have amtm built into fw ... and all the scripts provided within it. Easiest nuke rebuild I have experienced :D ...

However ... I have hit one hurdle ... amtm option "ps - use pixelserv-tls CA for Webui" fails with this message ...

pixelserve-cert-fail.JPG

Did everything required as per screen [test pixelserv CA cert etc] - and am certain this "ps" function used to work on DSL-AC68U's [have 3 in the field and at least 2 of them have valid certs from pixelserv-tls CA for DDNS access].

Just not sure who the "me" is in the message "Please contact me for assistance" above. I see @kvic left the building on 25 March 2019 - so doubt that I will get any help from him. @thelonelycoder @Jack Yaz @GNUton ;) maybe? Thanks in anticipation ...

I have just nuked and rebuilt from scratch a DSL-AC68U running @GNUton firmware version 384.17 [started with stock firmware latest build for this router under factory reset - then dirty flash to 384.17 ... followed by factory reset etc etc ala @L&LD ]

WHAT a pleasure to have amtm built into fw ... and all the scripts provided within it. Easiest nuke rebuild I have experienced :D ...

However ... I have hit one hurdle ... amtm option "ps - use pixelserv-tls CA for Webui" fails with this message ...

View attachment 23107

Did everything required as per screen [test pixelserv CA cert etc] - and am certain this "ps" function used to work on DSL-AC68U's [have 3 in the field and at least 2 of them have valid certs from pixelserv-tls CA for DDNS access].

Just not sure who the "me" is in the message "Please contact me for assistance" above. I see @kvic left the building on 25 March 2019 - so doubt that I will get any help from him. @thelonelycoder @Jack Yaz @GNUton ;) maybe? Thanks in anticipation ...
It's simply checking the model nvram variable, which DSL-AC68U is not a part of the original script. If you're adventurous, you can download it from here and change or remove the model check lines (or delete line 39 "exit 0").

It's simply checking the model nvram variable, which DSL-AC68U is not a part of the original script. If you're adventurous, you can download it from here and change or remove the model check lines (or delete line 39 "exit 0").

MANY thanks - happy to tinker - although my coding days ended in the late 1970's [IBM System 36 o_O]

“me” refers to kvic, this script is pulled from his server.

“me” refers to kvic, this script is pulled from his server.

Thanks ... @dave14305 provided the kvic source code and I can now see where it comes from. Pity this particular source code is not on Github where I could at least post a pull request for the DSL-AC68U to be added to his model list.

Modified script as suggested by Dave and problem sorted {Thumbs-Up}.

View attachment 23107

Is the model name returned with the following exactly "DSL-AC68U" or does it differ?
Code:
nvram get model
Since that nice script by kvic has not been updated for a while, I'm adding a selector in that dialogue to get the updated file from my server, with all the new(er) models added.

Bad idea, there's no license mentioned in that script.
I'll add a question if the concerned line should be replaced with the current list of supported Asuswrt-Merlin models instead.

Second edit, permission is granted in that file to use or modify, so the strike-through text above is valid:
Since that nice script by kvic has not been updated for a while, I'm adding a selector in that dialogue to get the updated file from my server, with all the new(er) models added.

Last edited:
Bad idea, there's no license mentioned in that script.
I'll add a question if the concerned line should be replaced with the current list of supported Asuswrt-Merlin models instead.

The copy of the script which I obtained from kazoo does contain this copyright and permission statement ...
Code:
(c) 2018-19 kvic (aka kvic-z@github)

https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/

PERMISSION IS GRANTED TO USE OR MODIFY THIS SCRIPT FREE OF CHARGE
AS LONG AS THE ABOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICE REMAINS INTACT.
NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED. PLEASE DECIDE AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

You should find it at line 154.

Ah, if only one would scroll down in that file:
Code:
PERMISSION IS GRANTED TO USE OR MODIFY THIS SCRIPT FREE OF CHARGE
AS LONG AS THE ABOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICE REMAINS INTACT.
NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED. PLEASE DECIDE AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beat me to it :D

It is also possible to just add the model to the list that is in this script?

I’m not even certain why there is a model check. If a specific feature is needed, it should be verified with rc_support. :confused:

But this script is old now. I won’t throw (any more) stones.

I’m not even certain why there is a model check. If a specific feature is needed, it should be verified with rc_support. :confused:

But this script is old now. I won’t throw (any more) stones.

It's limited to Asuswrt-Merlin models that support the https certificate feature and must have Entware and with it pixelserv-tls installed.
I'm not going deeper into the script, simple as it is.

I updated the list, these models are now supported:
Code:
RT-AC56
RT-AC68
DSL-AC68U
RT-AC87
RT-AC3100
RT-AC88
RT-AC3200
RT-AC5300
RT-AC86U
RT-AX88U
RT-AC88U
RT-AX56U
RT-AX58U
RT-AX3000
Which covers the official Asuswrt-Merlin model list:
Code:
RT-AC66U_B1 (same firmware as the RT-AC68U)
RT-AC68U  (including revisions C1 and E1)
RT-AC68P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC68UF (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC87
RT-AC3200
RT-AC88U
RT-AC3100
RT-AC5300
RT-AC1900 (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC1900P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC86U (starting with version 382.1)
RT-AC2900 (same firmware as RT-AC86U)
RT-AX88U