What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sometimes, I think this tool should be renamed Nerdstats Generator :p
LOL, at least for me, all of this is 90% geeking out. I don't enable ssh outside my lan but I still use ssh keys only and explicitly disallow passwords to ssh into the router and my fileserver. I'm bummed I can't make https work on the GUI on my internal network (I don't expose the GUI to the wan). I don't have a government trying to restrict what websites I can visit, so making it tough for my ISP to read my DNS requests is neat, but of little real value. I set up a Raspberry Pi with a GPS antenna to be the timeserver for my network. When I had the NTP graphing pages up on my AC3200, it showed my network time was accurate to a few 10s of microseconds. Does it matter? no. Some day I'd like to get those graphs working again on the AC86U, or preferably find a way to produce similar graphs on my Raspberry Pi.

My fileserver is running XigmaNAS and has two 3Tb drives in a ZFS mirror, and I use rsnapshot in a jail to create backups on an external USB which is a mirror with 2 4TB drives formatted I think ext4. Because of the way rsnapshot works I literally have backups stretching back a year. My next project is to figure out how to sync some of the backup to Backblaze for "cloud" backup. I love this stuff, very little of it is "necessary" for me.

Thanks to all the feedback on bad/req. Appreciated.

Cause is identified and a fix is being tested. So far looks good. bad/req ratio drops from 10% to less than 0.5%.
glad to read this,
and i hope the release code will be released too. want to build for raspberry.

glad to read this,
and i hope the release code will be released too. want to build for raspberry.

Should be soon. Before the new year I would think.

To all:

Latest 2.2.1-rc.6 is out. Most efficient and best performing version ever in the history of pixelserv-tls and pixelserv..

Pls try it out and report any quirks.

RC5 bad/req = 149434/2852677 = 5.2%.
Thanks @kvic for RC6 :cool:

RC5 bad/req = 149434/2852677 = 5.2%.
Thanks @kvic for RC6 :cool:

5.2% is horrible. You were hit hard by the regression bug.

I've seen worse myself 10% because I have Microsoft Office 360 installed on my PC and it frequently attempts to upload 58KiB of data that results in a couple of "bad" requests.

The regression is fixed in rc.6. The new logic also eliminates another less commonly seen situation that will also cause "bad" requests.

To all:

Latest 2.2.1-rc.6 is out. Most efficient and best performing version ever in the history of pixelserv-tls and pixelserv..

Thanks for rc.6. Nice Xmas surprise. Working well so far!

To all:

I’ll probably tinker again after the holidays. Still on rc3, up 28 days and counting

Thanks for rc.6. Nice Xmas surprise. Working well so far!

4w2mXuA.png

(the board doesn't like the content posted in text..)

One of the features in TLS 1.3 is 0-RTT aka "early data". This feature is supported in pixelserv-tls since 2.2.0.

If you're running one of the recent versions of Firefox, and TLS 1.3 enabled pixelserv-tls (i.e. the statically linked binary), you ARE already enjoying the speed-up perhaps without realising it.

At the moment I'm only aware of Firefox supporting this feature. I verified in FF v64 that it's working really well with pixelserv-tls.

In 2.2.1 final release, you'll be able to check 0-RTT/"early data" in action through the new "zrt" counter:

YPxPtUN.png

@kvic

A small side question for aesthetes like me should be allowed, I hope. Would it be possible to equip pixselserv servstats with a favicon?

fav.png

Thanks … :)

To all:

Kvic.

I am finding 2.2.1-rc.6 is dying at some point.
(The pixelserv stats page in Firefox becomes 'Not Available'.)
Previous versions up to 2.2.1-rc.5 all worked perfectly !!!

I have gone back to 2.2.1-rc.5.

Thanks.

@kvic

A small side question for aesthetes like me should be allowed, I hope. Would it be possible to equip pixselserv servstats with a favicon?

fav.png

Thanks … :)

I tried with a favicon last year but didn't ship it. What would be a good icon to use? Perhaps a pixelated "P" ? Any graphic designer could make one for us? I could add it in a future version..

Kvic.

I am finding 2.2.1-rc.6 is dying at some point.
(The pixelserv stats page in Firefox becomes 'Not Available'.)
Previous versions up to 2.2.1-rc.5 all worked perfectly !!!

I have gone back to 2.2.1-rc.5.

Thanks.

Could you try to reproduce the crash with rc.6?

I too loose connection to the servstats webpage after about 7 hours with rc6 (3 times in a row by now). Rc5 worked well.