What's new

Please recommend reasonably priced AI Mesh option ( single ) for my Townhouse

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wizin

Regular Contributor
Current: RT-86U, upstairs in my room

Need to expand to living room downstairs, please recommend single system - I did browser cheapest option of 68U ( currently at $124.99 at Staples b4 taxes ), I checked ebay - its cheaper but 1 person mentioned not happy with AI Mesh
So please, help, mother keeps complaining her IPTV Box freezes and just want a good solution and done with

Need to expand to living room downstairs, please recommend single system - I did browser cheapest option of 68U ( currently at $124.99 at Staples b4 taxes ), I checked ebay - its cheaper but 1 person mentioned not happy with AI Mesh
So please, help, mother keeps complaining her IPTV Box freezes and just want a good solution and done with
I have used 86U and 68U as my mesh system for about a year with no issues whatsoever. I have used Wired and Wireless connections to the Mesh units.. The latest vanilla firmware appears to discover nodes over wireless much better.

I have used 86U and 68U as my mesh system for about a year with no issues whatsoever. I have used Wired and Wireless connections to the Mesh units.. The latest vanilla firmware appears to discover nodes over wireless much better.
Thanks so much for replying, when you say Vanilla - you mean latest merlin s/w?

Sorry, presently Im using ASUS firmware. However I do not believe there is any difference to the Mesh between ASUS and ASUS Merlin.

The 86U is currently $130US on Amazon and $120 Renewed so that is IMO your first consideration.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!