What's new

Please help me decide between TP-Link Archer AX95 (AX7800) vs ASUS RT-AXE7800.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mshahrukh

New Around Here
Hello Everyone,

I would like to benefit from the Black Friday sales and upgrade my current Wi-Fi router (TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750) to something more modern. I am currently looking at the following 2 options as they are available at the same price near me,
  • TP-Link Archer AX95 (AX7800)
  • ASUS RT-AXE7800
Please help me decide as I can't come to a conclusion.

Thanks,
Malik

Welcome to the forums @mshahrukh.

What is that price? What location/country are you in? What are your ISP speeds today (up/down)? What do you expect them to be before you would be looking to upgrade this purchase today? How long do you expect this hardware to be useful to you (and/or, be worth something when you do decide to give it away or sell it)?

Those options you list aren't what I would be considering if you want the most secure, performant, and reliable/stable options today.

Welcome to the forums @mshahrukh.

What is that price? What location/country are you in? What are your ISP speeds today (up/down)? What do you expect them to be before you would be looking to upgrade this purchase today? How long do you expect this hardware to be useful to you (and/or, be worth something when you do decide to give it away or sell it)?

Those options you list aren't what I would be considering if you want the most secure, performant, and reliable/stable options today.

Thanks for responding!

I am in Toronto, Canada and both of these models are available on sale for $299 Canadian in a store near me. I have a Gigabit connection but I am having some issues with my existing router in terms of range and stability. I have about 20 or so devices connected to the Wifi. I looked into some ceiling mount AP's and it seems like a lot of work is required to set them up so I am hoping that upgrading my router will resolve my issues

BestBuy, RT-AX88U Pro for CAD280.

Archer C7 router was a good one 10 years ago... time to retire. A new AIO router is better in this case.

Hello Everyone,

I would like to benefit from the Black Friday sales and upgrade my current Wi-Fi router (TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750) to something more modern. I am currently looking at the following 2 options as they are available at the same price near me,
  • TP-Link Archer AX95 (AX7800)
  • ASUS RT-AXE7800
Please help me decide as I can't come to a conclusion.

Thanks,
Malik
I've been using two of the TP-Link ARcher AXE7800 routers as Access Points for the last year. And I have been pleased with them. But I would have preferred the Asus RT-AXE7800.
But when I was looking for 6Ghz WiFi 6E routers to use as Access Points(To replace my three 6Ghz FiOS routers as APs). To go along with my Asus RT-AX89X. The TP-Link was the cheapest at $220 last year, from Costco. (here in the US) While the Asus was $280 back then.

The TP-Link APs have been rock solid. And have been working great with my over forty, 5Ghz Wifi Devices and nine 6Ghz WiFi devices. But they can only have one WiFi Guest SSID for each frequency. While the Asus models can typically have three. So for that reason alone, I would have preferred the Asus routers for APs. But the much lower price was the determining factor for me back then.

And they provided better coverage than the three FiOS 6Ghz Wifi routers as APs I had been using. The two TP-Links provided the same coverage as the three FiOS CR1000A routers I had been using as APs. So I was able to return the third TP-Link Archer AXE7800 to Costco. Saving that $220.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!