What's new

porblem with 5.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Amacron

Occasional Visitor
I did a factory reset and then loaded 354.28 beta.. I can connect to the 2.4 with no problem. When I try to connect to the 5.0 side I keep getting the error unable to join network with both of my IPAD and Iphone.

Any suggestion.

by the way i am a newbie at this...

thanks in advance

Can your iPad and iPhone connect with an older firmware?

it did before. I have noticed the 2.4 signal is constant but the 5.0 signal comes and goes on the ipad. When I originally upgraded the firmware to 2.8 it worked fine. That is until I did a factory reset and ever since I can not connect to 5.0

I did a factory reset and then loaded 354.28 beta.. I can connect to the 2.4 with no problem. When I try to connect to the 5.0 side I keep getting the error unable to join network with both of my IPAD and Iphone.

Any suggestion.

by the way i am a newbie at this...

thanks in advance

When running a beta release, it's usually best to read any attached changelog or dedicated beta thread- that would have saved you a lot of troubleshooting time ;)

Short version: 5 GHz is known to be broken on the RT-N66U in this beta build. You will have to revert to the stable version until a fixed wireless driver becomes available from Asus.

I have the rt-ac66u. And i thought it was stable for this platform?

It mostly is (as much as any beta can be, at least). But your initial post didn't specify which router you were using, so I had to assume the most common denominator there, especially since the RT-N66U has a well-documented issue on the 5 GHz band with the new wireless driver. :)

The first thing I would check is which channel you are using. Some devices work better with the low-numbered ones, others with the high-numbered ones. There was a recent post in another thread where someone fixed his 5 GHz stability issues by enforcing a low-numbered channel instead of leaving it on Auto.

I recommend taking a look at this thread, since it specifically deals with the 5 GHz band on the RT-AC66U. One of the proposed solutions there might help you.

I'm typing this on my iPad 2 using the 5ghz band on my rt-n66u using the 354.28 release.
I have it set on N only, channel 161 with wpa2.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!