What's new

Possible Regression/Undocumented Feature Removal with 380.57 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rajl

Occasional Visitor
I noticed a regression (or maybe an undocumented feature removal) with the latest version of Merlin's firmware and wanted to see if anyone else could confirm or reproduce it or if it is just something unique to my circumstances.

The issue is that the tab for enabling and disabling features for the switch (Advanced Settings -> LAN -> Switch / Advanced_SwitchCtrl_Content.asp) on my RT-AC66u is only available when the router is configured for "Router Mode." When the router is configured for "Access Point" mode, this tab/page is hidden from me. This is a new behavior in the firmware for me. In previous versions (e.g. 378.55), the switch control tab was available in both "Router Mode" and "Access Point" mode. This was great (for me at least), because I could use my router as a wireless access point and enable jumbo frames on the switch (which worked for my specific network). Now, I am no longer able to use my router in this manner because the switch control page is hidden/disabled when the router is put into "Access Point" mode.

If anyone could tell me if they notice the same behavior or not, I would appreciate it. I can't tell if it's just something that's wrong with my router specifically, or if it's something specific to this version of the firmware.

Thanks.

As a workaround, you can enable it via the nvram settings.
Code:
# nvram show | grep jumbo
size: 47842 bytes (17694 left)
jumbo_frame_enable=0

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!