What's new

Possible to configure RT-AX86U w/ Merlin with more than 64 port forwarding rules?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mixels

New Around Here
I'm running an Asus RT-AX86U with Merlin and am hitting the limit of 64 forwarded ports. Is there a way in Merlin to increase this limit, or if not, can anyone kindly advise how one can exceed this limit using other hardware?

You can't increase the number of items in the GUI. You could create a nat-start user script and manually put port forwarding rules in there.

The documentation is in the embedded link in my previous post. Here it is again:

Here's an example nat-start script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

iptables -t nat -I VSERVER -p tcp --dport 54000 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.55:80

Ah thank you for that example! I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out PREROUTING and how to look up interface names but that method seems much simpler. :)

Restarting firewall and upnp isn't working... The forwards aren't showing in the Port Forwarding system log.
Code:
service restart_firewall
Thanks I tried restart_firewall and restart_upnp but neither is triggering the script. It's not just the iptables that aren't triggering, either. I have a touch command in there and it's not being executed either.

I appreciate your help with this. I tried using the UI to change port forwarding rules to try to get this script to run and also restarting firewall and upnp. It didn't run with any of those steps... any ideas why? The script is executable and I can run it from the command line.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

touch /jffs/scripts/tmp/000nat-start

iptables -t nat -I VSERVER -p tcp --dport 28452 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.50.159:28452

Ahhh I'm a dummy haha I fat fingered the file name. I renamed it and it's now working with firewall restart, thank you!