What's new

[Preview 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 early test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After picking name on their manage website, can't you start using that hostname/link? My previous ISP has something like this, since they know which customer pick which hostname through login in their website, they can link that hostname to my IP automatically without having to configure anything on my router.
When WAN IP is dynamically assigned by ISP, a client (in this case the router) must inform the DDNS provider of the actual IP address as it changes.

When WAN IP is dynamically assigned by ISP, a client (in this case the router) must inform the DDNS provider of the actual IP address as it changes.

But he said his ISP offers the DDNS service.

The ISP knows what IP they assigned him so im assuming they update the DDNS entry from their end upon IP assignment.

This means his router doesn't have to do anything.

But he said his ISP offers the DDNS service.

The ISP knows what IP they assigned him so im assuming they update the DDNS entry from their end upon IP assignment.

This means his router doesn't have to do anything.
My understanding as well....he was asking about providing an option to set the DDNS url when exporting the server ovpn file. Maybe Merlin can add it to his 'todo' list.

Alpha 2... updating signature version ... date is ok (before not) ;)

date.jpg

My understanding as well....he was asking about providing an option to set the DDNS url when exporting the server ovpn file. Maybe Merlin can add it to his 'todo' list.

There's already a "custom" entry for DDNS. I am pretty sure that will do exactly that.

Also the 384.20648 was released for the AC86U a few days ago.

The GPL isn't available yet for that model, only the firmware.

running 384.5 a2, ab-solution not working, I had tried to remove and reinstall, still not block any ads.

Just to update, AC-3200, had a failure today on alpha2. Lost all external connectivity seemingly from all devices both wifi and ethernet. Not just DNS but no connectivity. I couldn't reach my upstream cable modem from the router either. Nothing in the error log. STP is disabled.; No indications of any error on the cable modem.

Similar symptoms to what I'd seen before disabling STP, this time it look a little longer, but perhaps it's just luck

Intrigued to see if there's any effect with newer gpl code and/or wifi drivers as I believe this issue affects core fw and merlin.

Just to update, AC-3200, had a failure today on alpha2. Lost all external connectivity seemingly from all devices both wifi and ethernet. Not just DNS but no connectivity. I couldn't reach my upstream cable modem from the router either. Nothing in the error log. STP is disabled.; No indications of any error on the cable modem.

Similar symptoms to what I'd seen before disabling STP, this time it look a little longer, but perhaps it's just luck

Intrigued to see if there's any effect with newer gpl code and/or wifi drivers as I believe this issue affects core fw and merlin.
Sorry I'm missing something...what is STP exactly?

Running 384.5_alpha2-gcc44562 on RT-AC87U. One of my wired cameras shows up in the client list as wireless, but when I login to the camera itself it indicates as expected that it is connected wired, not wireless. Maybe the constant TX/RX rate of "1" is a sign that something is strange in the client list with this device?
View attachment 12688 View attachment 12689
You can verify in many other parts of this forum that the client list/client status info is not under control of the Merlin firmware changes. It is part of some of the binary code where Merlin does not even have source code access. For years throughout many revisions we have seen that this information is off in many details and situations. Also have not yet been in a situation where the imperfections made for a serious practical problem.

Do you remember if 384.4beta3 did not suffer from losing internet connectivity issue? As I have told you in another thread, I’ve reverted FW to 384.3 and considering upgrading to 384.4beta3 if it does not suffer from this issue.

I also believe it is the newer gpl code to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strange , I have 384.5alpha2 on 2 AC3200 and not a problem in 5 days now . Did you do a manual reboot , turn off the router with button in back , not with the gui ?
I wonder what the differences in our routers are that some can have these problems and others are fine . The only FW I had trouble with was one of the 384 .4 betas and it might be because I did reboot through the gui not button on back of router .
Not saying it is your problem , just an idea that might help

Strange , I have 384.5alpha2 on 2 AC3200 and not a problem in 5 days now . Did you do a manual reboot , turn off the router with button in back , not with the gui ?
I wonder what the differences in our routers are that some can have these problems and others are fine . The only FW I had trouble with was one of the 384 .4 betas and it might be because I did reboot through the gui not button on back of router .
Not saying it is your problem , just an idea that might help

I think people need to perform a factory reset on there routers. If they are using USB storage or have something plugged into the USB unplug it and reset the router. Don't plug it back in until you are done the basic setup.
Yes its a pain in the but. I know I did not want to do it but I can tell you that it was the best thing I did. My router is running smooth and faster then it did before resetting it. Best move I made.

I had to do a factory reset (initialize) after installing 384.5 alpha 1 to get my ipv6 to work right again but it fixed it
Thanks - that fixed it! IPV6 is now working again, with Comcast, on my RT-AC5300 using the alpha2 build.

Yet another reset to factory defaults fixes the issue. Hmmm:rolleyes:

Yet another reset to factory defaults fixes the issue. Hmmm:rolleyes:
I would suggest people who want to feedback about “issues” to factory reset and power cycle before they post issues...

If you are not ready to do a factory reset due to time/laziness/etc, don’t flash firmware... these stuff are not for you... too edge cutting...

Alpha 2 is running silky smooth on my RT-AC5300 with 20 clients. The settings I specialize are Adaptive QOS, Tools, Wireless, LAN, WAN, IPV6, and Firewall filters.

Nice job, Eric!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!