What's new

[Preview 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 early test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you merlin for another great release. I hope this new build will take us past a lot of old issues. Look forward to giving you feedback keep it up!

Preview builds of 384.5 are now available in the Test Builds folder.
System Log-->Connections
1. Previous behavior does not show results until you click "refresh".
2. 384.5 Alpha1 now shows results after clicking "Connections" but if you click refresh unable to show results.

RT-AC68P
CFE was updated to 1.0.2.9 with this Alpha1

Okay you may have to initialize yours under factory restore. I had to do that with mine to get nearly half my stuff to function right on my RT-AC5300. It was as if I upgraded from 380 to 384, but I went from 384.4_2 to 384.5 alpha 1. You cannot use restore settings though so you have to input your settings back in manually, but trust me it is worth it. The Router will appreciate it.

I have did that all ready when I upgraded to 384. guess i may need to do that again.

I have did that all ready when I upgraded to 384. guess i may need to do that again.
yea I had to do it both times. once after upgrading to 384.4 and once after going to 384.5. I still have not recovered total 2.4ghz wireless speed with the setting set right, but meh I mainly use 5ghz which is booming along fine for me.

After upgraded 384.5, I find that the WTfast uses 100% cpu time and the process will not be release even I stop the WTfast in GUI. I need to kill it via SSH.

(This issue also find on 384.4.2)

Attachments

• 384_5_1.jpg
    384_5_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 541
After upgraded 384.5, I find that the WTfast uses 100% cpu time. Does it normal?
Honestly, I also find this issue on 384.4.2
have you tried a reboot? If that doesnt work try turning WTFast off and back on. If that doesnt work you may need to restore using initialize and input your settings manually

I need to kill it via SSH.
In 384.4.2, I tried factory restore however it didn't help. Therefore I upgrade to 384.5. The issue is still existed.

I need to kill it via SSH.
In 384.4.2, I tried factory restore however it didn't help. Therefore I upgrade to 384.5. The issue is still existed.
when you say factory restore which option did you pick because one option wipes everything down to the nvram the other only switches things back to default.

System Log-->Connections
1. Previous behavior does not show results until you click "refresh".
2. 384.5 Alpha1 now shows results after clicking "Connections" but if you click refresh unable to show results.

RT-AC68P
CFE was updated to 1.0.2.9 with this Alpha1

Same behave here System Log-->Connections

Installed (via overlay on existing settings) 384.4_2 to 384.5 alpha 1 on AC86U & AC87U. No issues. Web/video functions feel a little faster. Did note the audio on my Slingbox now in-synch with the video, lost that somehow in the 384 era after installing a AC86U, and could not get them to synch. One loves these fixes...directly do nothing...fixed. :)

Observation: Flashed from 384.4_2 to 384.5 Alpha 1. My connected devices started to bounce up and down. I did full reboot and still the same issue. I reset to factory defaults using initialize feature. Manually configured my system (I have lots going on) it took about 45 minutes to program and test. It is running great right now but it hasn't been long since I set it up. As far as stability goes it is going to be while to figure that out.

Ok it has been reported above but I can confirm the connections list is messed up and doesn't resolve ips when set to do so.

Nice new feedback tab!! :D

workaround for the moment is Ctr+F5 to refresh the page, dont press "Refresh " button
Works but no ip resolution for local ips.

Merlin i dont know what you did in this update that was different from 384 as far as wifi goes, but after running it for 15 + hours my wifi is running way better than it was on 384 build. Great work man.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!