What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there people here who use the roaming assistant for WiFi? My feeling says it doesn’t work correctly. I have it on -75. But devices that have been connected and have -80 stay connected? (no more information in the log files)

Hello,is someone using 384.3 alpha3 on ac86u?are there problems?

I am using it on my ac86u with a USB3 dock attached and a USB2 stick for Swap.
I have installed also Skynet, Entware-3x and FreshQOS.

Connected are about 20 clients (laptops,mobiles,ipad,kindles,smart plugs,harmony,hue,ipcams,alexas,...). Wired (directly and via a TP-Link unmanaged switch), wireless 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
It runs smoothly for me so far :D

PS: Today I am planning to check AB-Solution.

Last edited:
I have uploaded 384.3_alpha3-g0462c71 on my ac86u and there is a problem with guest networks,when I enable/disable guest network doesn't updates ssid and wifi clients display old ssid when guest networks are disabled or doesn't display new ssid when guest networks are enabled.Only after a reboot all guest networks comes updates.I hope that Merlin or other fix bug in next release.thanks

I have uploaded 384.3_alpha3-g0462c71 on my ac86u and there is a problem with guest networks,when I enable/disable guest network doesn't updates ssid and wifi clients display old ssid when guest networks are disabled or doesn't display new ssid when guest networks are enabled.Only after a reboot all guest networks comes updates.I hope that Merlin or other fix bug in next release.thanks

I have seen others mention the issue with the Guest network. I have not checked it myself though.

I kept having CVE-2013-5211 and Exploint netcore router backdoor access showing up in my 2way - IPS block log since latest alpha 3, over 8000 hit in 1 day... Anything in my network that could be targeted?

I have latest alpha 3 on a AC3100 and I have no detection's in my AI protection. I also had a chance to beat up QOS and it passed with flying colours. I guess it depends on what you need. I like streaming video and I experienced no buffering or pixelization issues, however, if you try to restart it you get restart failures in the syslog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!