What's new

[Preview] Early Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 test builds are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Merlin,can you fix recaptcha problem in this release?In 384.5 I need to reboot router to work and after some time recaptche don't work anymore.

RMerlin - I noticed you said USB Modem related fixes. I was just about to post the following in a new thread:

So a lot of people out in the sticks rely on phone tethering to be able to access the internet as there are no other carriers available. On OpenWRT it is rather easy to get RNDIS set up. It works rather flawlessly with both an old WNDR3700 and a TP-Link 1043nd. My pings are low (constant), and my throughput is rather good.

I simply can't use an ac68u the same way (as of 384.4) because I still experience the same stupid issue where web pages don't load, or I get extreme latency spikes for a period of time. Supposedly if the router is configured to use a vpn, the issue with web pages not loading up is alleviated as discussed in this thread:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...very-site-when-connected-to-the-router.29667/

Its been years since the first report of the issue. If there is a simple resolution to this, or there is any possibility the Merlin development team can reinvestigate the issue, that would be great. Using the VPN for all situations isn't a viable option.

Does the USB Modem related fixes potentially alleviate the issue I have with USB tethering?

Does the USB Modem related fixes potentially alleviate the issue I have with USB tethering?

I don't know. I have no way of testing USB modem support, therefore I cannot investigate it.

Merlin,can you fix recaptcha problem in this release?In 384.5 I need to reboot router to work and after some time recaptche don't work anymore.

The router has absolutely nothing to do with a web-based application.

Its been years since the first report of the issue. If there is a simple resolution to this, or there is any possibility the Merlin development team can reinvestigate the issue, that would be great. Using the VPN for all situations isn't a viable option.
He didn't say it, so I will: Just to be clear, the "Merlin development team" is one person, in his spare time, working only for his personal satisfaction and whatever donations people throw his way via PayPal. He is in no way connected to ASUS, and he does not have access to any more of the ASUS-WRT source code than you or I do via the GPL download from ASUS' website. Large parts of the source code are closed source and he can do nothing about them. If the problem is repeatable on stock ASUS firmware (which should be test #1), then your best bet is to direct your issue to ASUS via their feedback system, because there's a good chance the problem is in one of the binary blobs he can't fix.

Please be sure you've read https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/

Saw Alpha 2 merged with GPL 20945, so far no issue's and running smooth. Will GPL 21045 also be merged with the 384.6 release as well at some point?

Awesome, must of overlooked it

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

RMerlin - I noticed you said USB Modem related fixes. I was just about to post the following in a new thread:

So a lot of people out in the sticks rely on phone tethering to be able to access the internet as there are no other carriers available. On OpenWRT it is rather easy to get RNDIS set up. It works rather flawlessly with both an old WNDR3700 and a TP-Link 1043nd. My pings are low (constant), and my throughput is rather good.

I simply can't use an ac68u the same way (as of 384.4) because I still experience the same stupid issue where web pages don't load, or I get extreme latency spikes for a period of time. Supposedly if the router is configured to use a vpn, the issue with web pages not loading up is alleviated as discussed in this thread:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...very-site-when-connected-to-the-router.29667/

Issue with usbnet drivers (rndis, cdc-ether, and so on) on BCM USB SoC should be already fixed in the ~end of 2017 by asus, so asuswrt-merlin.ng of this year should have it merged.

Quick and very early update... I did an update to 384.6 test build and did a factory restore. I checked my IOT devices and some worked, some didnt. I added all IOT devices to the do not filter list, and they seem to be working at the moment. Netflix also now works. I'm using opendns family now.
So recap: Default install with Aiprotection off, I had issues....makes absolutely no sense. I turn Aiprotection on and add them to the do not filter list, and in the short...iot devices work...as of now.
To be continued.

Network Map - Client Status ... seems much more solid than all the previous firmware.
Probably this is (closed source) Asus implementation (bug fix) attributable to 21045 firmware.

Sorry, but I do not think so. On my RT-AC68U device the network map, client status, and Clients View List have always been dancers and not accurate (over 45 connected devices).
Now, since 1 day, the list is no longer "dancer" and it seems accurate.

For one reason, I can't install this Alpha build. After I select the file and click "upload", a pop up windows with message "Please wait, Applying settings" pops up for a second or two before disappears.

For one reason, I can't install this Alpha build. After I select the file and click "upload", a pop up windows with message "Please wait, Applying settings" pops up for a second or two before disappears.
Have you rebooted the router, then tried?