What's new

[Preview] Early Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 test builds are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When using the alpha build(s), will the Firmware Version Check detect the latest alpha build?

Thanks,
Anton

Interesting and is it the same for the 3100 ? Looking at the CL it clearly shows merged with GPL 21045/50624 except for 87.

NEW: Merged with GPL 384_21045/382_50624. (AC87U currently
missing)

384.6 is a mixture of different GPL components depending on which model. The RT-AC88U has a mixture of pieces from 20942 and 21045 because its 21045 GPL is unusable.

384.6 is a mixture of different GPL components depending on which model. The RT-AC88U has a mixture of pieces from 20942 and 21045 because its 21045 GPL is unusable.
Knowing that information, I would like to report that my 88U is operating well, as is my 86U.
@RMerlin Thank You for Your Great Work!

Flashed my 68R to second preview from the original one. All running just fine.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

when will there be alpha 2 for 87U?

The RT-AC87U is not supported because Asus hasn't updated the firmware for that model. Older binary components are not compatible with newer GPL code.

With the latest Alpha on AC66U , Apple devices can no longer connect to the net, even if they are connected via third party router/bridge. I can see querys going through in dnsmasq but websites refuse to connect. Hitting apply on Asus wifi general settings fixed this for a while but the problem later resurfaced. Not sure how or why, as I had not changed any settings after it was working. Disabling Explicit & Universal Beamforming didn't rectify the issue.

Last edited:
With the latest Alpha on AC66U , Apple devices can no longer connect to the net, even if they are connected via third party router/bridge. I can see querys going through in dnsmasq but websites refuse to connect. Hitting apply on Asus wifi general settings fixed this for a while but the problem later resurfaced. Not sure how or why, as I had not changed any settings after it was working.

Which version are you coming from? Maybe try disabling airtime fairness in Professional settings?

@kfp RT-AC68U_384.6_alpha2-g5b076fc87; Airtime fairness is already disabled. The problem persists when the apple devices are connected to a third party router which acts as a bridge to the AC66U as well, so it doesn't appear to be limited to a Asus wifi issue.

@kfp RT-AC68U_384.6_alpha2-g5b076fc87; Airtime fairness is already disabled. The problem persists when the apple devices are connected to a third party router which acts as a bridge to the AC66U as well, so it doesn't appear to be limited to a Asus wifi issue.

I meant to ask which version you were using prior to the alpha.

I think it’s better to use more precise language here; do you have 66U or 68U? When you were using a “third party router” which mode is it in and how is it connecting to your Asus router? AP mode? Reaper mode?

Do you have roam assist and beam forming off as well?

also seeing this with the two apple devices we have on wifi on the alpha build (AC86U). Apps report that there is no net access and yet the devices report being connected to the AP with strong signal. No issue with the previous 384.5 stable. Yes have turned off the usual wifi beamforming etc suspects

cheers

also seeing this with the two apple devices we have on wifi on the alpha build (AC86U). Apps report that there is no net access and yet the devices report being connected to the AP with strong signal. No issue with the previous 384.5 stable. Yes have turned off the usual wifi beamforming etc suspects

cheers
Have you tried to forget your WiFi network in your Apple devices and reconnect them? If you haven’t, that might be worth a try.

cheers

People have been complaining about the wifi on their Apple devices for years - there were complains with 384.5 as well. At this point, people should start poking at Apple to fix their quirky wifi crap.

People have been complaining about the wifi on their Apple devices for years - there were complains with 384.5 as well. At this point, people should start poking at Apple to fix their quirky wifi crap.
I think the apple devices are designed with apple routers in mind and people fail to realize that.

Well, httpd is still having, what appears to be, memory leak issues on my 86U running 384.6_alpha2-g5b076fc87. httpd continues to consume more and more memory (not a lot mind you) until it gets to near 7888 kB and then the GUI is unresponsive. Once I restart httpd, then it starts over again at "VmRSS: 3540 kB" and the GUI works well and I start over again, with the httpd memory rising until that magical limit (near 8000 kb).

If there's any sort of dumps or testing you would like me to do, just let me know.
-Stach

I have flashed two AC56U. I just had to flash each twice with alpha2 in order to get them upgraded.

grc.com gives me perfect TruStealth and no UPnP leaking problems.

cheers

@barkmann since I have last reported, I fixed this exact same issue with a factory default, then manually changing the settings and importing jffs backup. All apple devices are working like a charm. USB 3.0 no longer works however, only 2.0

@RMerlin, does AI protection two way-ips actually provide any security in up-to-date firmware, and will any detected threat mean it would have been hacked with it disabled? I'm seeing CVE's dated back to 2014. Seems silly that patches would not cover these vulnerabilities in the firmware itself. I have thought perhaps this feature is only for old firmware, or there to detect and show where malicious packets have been detected, but that an up-to-date firmware will have prevented these exploits irregardless, and at 70+ mb of ram, I don't want to use it if its just a huge waste of space.

Last edited: