What's new

ProCurve Questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tamarin

Regular Contributor
Does the 1800 support a cluster-like management feature?

Is there a variant that does gigabit and PoE?

Really, what I'm looking for is a 8, 16,and/or 24 port switch that does vlans, poe and gige, and it'd be nice if it clustered too, but not necessary. And I don't have a Cisco budget. I'll probably end up giving up poe too, which leaves me at the procurve 1800 and the netgear GS108T. Man, it'd be nice if there was another switch like the srw2008p.

Thanks,
Tamarin

No the 1800 just has a fairly basic web interface with no cli, and no stacking features. It does not have poe either, I think you would have to go much further up the procurve product range to get the features you are looking for.

And I don't have a Cisco budget.
Tamarin

Check referb prices from a legit Cisco reseller, you might be able to afford some of the equipment.

If this is going to end up being at the core of your network and you plan on clustering / stacking to expand your port density, make sure you get a switch with a dedicated stacking serial port or a modular chassis ... it will save you time and money in the long run.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!