What's new

Product Selection Assistance - Home Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

carlc

New Around Here
First of all - great site, what I have been looking (hoping) for. Tim's advice and setting expectations spot-on!

While I have been in "IT" for many years, I turn to the experts which obviously reside here.

I am looking to upgrade from my Linksys WRT54G.

We have a mixed environment of PCs (work laptops and one workstation) and Apple for home use (iMAC, Iphone, IPAD) for my better half, Wii (although no online gaming yet - he's 8), a PS3 hooked to a Panasonic Viera HDTV which has its own wired connection. Workstations can be wired. I'd like network storage and print capability which is currently connected to iMAC. Wife is on internet and IPAD ALOT - blessed, I married a geek. We generally do not do heavy lifting with large files, streaming video but I want that capability when we occasionally will.

Definitely want range and reliability - router is in basement and we have three floors (may relocate to 1st floor), like to work off the kitchen deck, etc. We do get connection which generally works with Linksys now, does drop, older unit.

I do not mind spending the extra nickel for quality - get what you pay for. Been looking at Linksys, Apple, etc but I have not even narrowed - looking for advice! Thank you in advance, I know everyone is busy.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!