What's new

PS4 pro remote play crashing AC-68R with 380.69 FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Ushijima

New Around Here
When ever anyone on my network launches PS4 Pro remote play (where the PS4 is wireless and the remote user is wired on the router) , it overloads the Router (how I don't know - No obvious errors occur on the log, but it possible I missed the errors) but it causes WiFi services to no longer be accessible via 2.4 or 5 Ghz on the router (SSID broadcast stops) and only wired services continue. Additionally the only way to restore WiFi services is a full power down and reboot. Soft reboots do not always restore functionality.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so any configuration changes that prevent issues? If not recommendations, because this only happened after I switched to using WRT-Merlin code vs Asus provided FW.

Not sure if it helps when I have opposite setup
my ps4 pro is physically connected to ac68, which has been setup as mediabridge(merlin 384.4 beta 1)/ai-mesh node (with official v3.0.0.4.384.20308)
And I dont have issue launching remote play on pc that's connected wirelessly, except some stutter once a while.

I also just tried connect ps4 pro wireless to my main router ac3100, while being different model, I can still remote play just fine.

Maybe try to setup the network on ps4 pro again, it sometimes helps.
If you have just switch the firmware, try power cycle and reset the router.
it's what works for me every time I encounter weird stuff with the firmware updates/swap between official and merlin's.

good luck

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!