What's new

Qos bandwidth meters switched

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skeal

Part of the Furniture
I know this is weird but my two qos bandwidth meters have switched to reading the others stats. For instance upload bandwidth when watching a movie is near 20meg but download hardly ever moves above 0.00. Same result on both browsers on my tablet. This includes Chrome on my windows 10 computer.

QOS is adaptive
Apps analysis is on
Hardware acceleration off
Web history is on and saved to usb

Edit: I stream my video through openvpn client to TorGuard. Does this have anything to do with it?

Edit: I am using 380.65_2 fw.

Last edited:
I have the same. I have 50 mbit down, 4 mbit up and QoS settings is configured accordingly. without openvpn I get these from speedtests. but when I activate a openvpn client I get 4 down, 4 up.

That's why I configured QoS settings 50 mbit both download and upload. Wtih this I can get 50 down and 4 up while openvpn client is connected.

I have the same. I have 50 mbit down, 4 mbit up and QoS settings is configured accordingly. without openvpn I get these from speedtests. but when I activate a openvpn client I get 4 down, 4 up.

That's why I configured QoS settings 50 mbit both download and upload. Wtih this I can get 50 down and 4 up while openvpn client is connected.

What QOS type are you using? Adaptive, Traditional or Bandwidth Limiter? I want to try this.

I have read somewhere that the Automatic QOS Adaptive will give you 10 M up and down. I use the Automatic and have noticed the QOS meters switch after operating a while, it seems. Adding Manual values for 80 percent of my true speed seems to mess with true net speeds.

What QOS type are you using? Adaptive, Traditional or Bandwidth Limiter? I want to try this.

Adaptive QoS with manual bandwith settings. even though my download 50 mbit and upload 4 mbit, I've configured 50mbit both download and upload. This way I can get full speed when openvpn client is active.

Adaptive QoS with manual bandwith settings. even though my download 50 mbit and upload 4 mbit, I've configured 50mbit both download and upload. This way I can get full speed when openvpn client is active.

Great little find!! Works like a charm for me too. Definitely the best connection through openvpn client I have ever had. Thanks to these little tips, all of which helped, thanks to all who contributed to this conversation.