What's new

QoS not working on latest version 386.3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oh ok.. just wanted to know so I don't keep trying it out haha. Be nice if it worked as I would like to have each device have it's own min/max speed. The way I have it now is using Bandwidth Limiter, but I have to set the speeds manually... it works, but it's more "work" lol
Considering how much these router's cost im surprised they sell them with features not working.

The bandwidth limiter will work providing you do not enable IPV6.

I've also tried different things to try and the traditional qos working.

It would be great if merlin could get it working in a future update.

Considering how much these router's cost im surprised they sell them with features not working.

The bandwidth limiter will work providing you do not enable IPV6.

I've also tried different things to try and the traditional qos working.

It would be great if merlin could get it working in a future update.
If it doesn't work properly in stock firmware, not sure how it would work in Merlin.. but what do I know!

@macster2075, what are your ISP speeds?

Doesn't normal Adaptive QoS work for you? Or the upgraded FlexQos or CakeQoS?

@macster2075, what are your ISP speeds?

Doesn't normal Adaptive QoS work for you? Or the upgraded FlexQos or CakeQoS?
I only get 50/10, which is why I need to be very conservative with the bandwidth. In order for the Guest Network to use Bandwidth Limiter, I cannot use Adaptive Qos as it will disable it on the Guest Network.

I only get 50/10, which is why I need to be very conservative with the bandwidth. In order for the Guest Network to use Bandwidth Limiter, I cannot use Adaptive Qos as it will disable it on the Guest Network.
Traditional QoS works in John's fork, but being an older codebase it doesn't have things like AiMesh, AiProtection and Adaptive QoS.

Maybe my router cannot run CakeQos :( - I don't see it on the list of compatible routers.

Ok, so I've installed FlexQos.. .not really what I was looking for.. how do I uninstall it. Github says to use flexqos uninstall command, but it's not working as I get... : not found.

Traditional QoS works in John's fork, but being an older codebase it doesn't have things like AiMesh, AiProtection and Adaptive QoS.
So there is not way to have Bandwidth Limiter with rules work at all?.. not Traditional Qos.. that works ok for me, but it applies to all devices whereas the Limiter is only per device, which is what I am looking for.

Maybe my router cannot run CakeQos :( - I don't see it on the list of compatible routers.

freshtomato has cake support:

freshtomato has cake support:

I'm in doubt Cake is working with AC68U kernel. Asuswrt-Merlin also offers Cake, but not for all router models.

In order for the Guest Network to use Bandwidth Limiter, I cannot use Adaptive Qos as it will disable it on the Guest Network.

Hmm, did you try that? Why is Adaptive QoS messing with the Bandwidth Limiter? I can test it for you, just not today.

Hmm, did you try that? Why is Adaptive QoS messing with the Bandwidth Limiter? I can test it for you, just not today.
When I select either Adaptive or Traditional Qos, I get this message from the router.

1627766496157.png

The Asuswrt jungle of almost working options and consequences. :rolleyes:

It's not a jungle, it's a hardware/resource limitation. Know thy tools.

I'm in doubt Cake is working with AC68U kernel.

here it says yes:

In Traditional QoS you can specify limits based on IP address, port or protocol rules. You can also specify bandwidth limits for each priory level.

John's firmware has more options in Traditional QoS than stock.
That's not working. I've already tried it. The rules won't work properly or at all. As I stated on previous post, it's a hit or miss.. sometimes it works, but most of the times it doesn't and it completely bypasses the rules altogether.

EDIT:
Traditional Qos does work, just not the rules...but I also want to have more control of the Guest Network and if TQos is selected, the Bandwidth Limiter gets disabled for the Guest Network.