What's new

QoS not working on latest version 386.3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

macster2075

Very Senior Member
As the title says. QoS stopped working for me on v386.3. I've done several clean installs and it still doesn't work.
I've tried Adaptive and Bandwidth Limiter... nothing happens.

It appears to only work if I select Traditional QoS.

Tried turning it off/on, but still doesn't do anything. I guess I can use Traditional, but I prefer the other two.
Any suggestions?

As the title says. QoS stopped working for me on v386.3. I've done several clean installs and it still doesn't work.
I've tried Adaptive and Bandwidth Limiter... nothing happens.

It appears to only work if I select Traditional QoS.

Tried turning it off/on, but still doesn't do anything. I guess I can use Traditional, but I prefer the other two.
Any suggestions?
mine works i wonder if it is model specific, we may need someone else using at RT-AC68P to test if their adaptive and bandwidth limiter QoS are working. @Tech9 - Do you have an RT-AC68P on this version of firmware?

It's strange because it's been working great all past versions. Besides clean install, I don't know what else to try.

Actually, I take that back.. I am using it.. I had turned it off, but I just checked and it was on.

RT-AC68P here running 386.3 with Adaptive QoS + FlexQoS up and running with no problems or any changes to how it previously worked.
I do use fq_codel in FlexQoS - in case that makes a difference...

@Tech9 - Do you have an RT-AC68P on this version of firmware?

I do have 3 different variants of this router, but I haven't tried 386.3 yet since it's mostly about VPN Director feature. I can test the QoS in next few days, if no solution is found. I don't see this issue reported in 386.3 thread though.

I've done several clean installs and it still doesn't work.

What exactly is not working? Do you always get the line speed despite Manual Settings? Do you get bufferbloat in online tests? What to look for?

I do have 3 different variants of this router, but I haven't tried 386.3 yet since it's mostly about VPN Director feature. I can test the QoS in next few days, if no solution is found. I don't see this issue reported in 386.3 thread though.

What exactly is not working? Do you always get the line speed despite Manual Settings? Do you get bufferbloat in online tests? What to look for?
Yea I couldn't spot anything about this issue either in the main 386.3 thread's. Two things I could think of
A) The user has somehow not hit agree to TrendMicros privacy disclaimer which controls whether or not Adaptive QoS will work (TrendMicro Lockdown On Steriods).
B) Something occured to how the TrendMicro code is handled for this model causing an issue with QoS.

I tend to lean to the issue being problem (A).

A) The user has somehow not hit agree to TrendMicros privacy

Unlikely. The agreement pops up the moment you activate anything TrendMicro related. I think I found how to bug the Adaptive QoS, but let's see what config @macster2075 has. For example, if Dual WAN is enabled and the primary WAN is assigned to LAN port, Manual Settings do nothing - I'm getting full line speed and corresponding bufferbloat on DSLReports. This is on RT-AC1900P and Asuswrt 386_43129.

I still get the full speeds...they are not throttled at all... only if I use Traditional QoS

Unlikely. The agreement pops up the moment you activate anything TrendMicro related. I think I found how to bug the Adaptive QoS, but let's see what config @macster2075 has. For example, if Dual WAN is enabled and the primary WAN is assigned to LAN port, Manual Settings do nothing - I'm getting full line speed and corresponding bufferbloat on DSLReports. This is on RT-AC1900P and Asuswrt 386_43129.
one quick way to debunk the TrendMicro theory is to verify via the Gui that the options are present.

1627441491197.png

Should I hit Withdraw?
Dont actually withdraw, just verify it is present. Make sure it list them there if it gives you the option to withdraw then that means you have properly accepted the disclaimer, but if you dont see the withdraw option, then you are not properly accepting the privacy disclaimer.

Another weird thing I've noticed when this started is that I can't see some of the computers connected to the router.. they don't show up at all under network map. Can it be that Qos is not working properly because those computers are not being added to the network map?

Along with the @Tech9 theory, I would like to add that this condition could possibly occur in a double NAT situation as well where ISP Router/modem is used as a Router, and asus router is used as a Router behind the ISP router.

What else is running on this router, @macster2075?
Network Map not showing some of your devices is completely different issue, not QoS related.