Quantenna and Cortina today announced that they teamed up to deliver reference designs for Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) routers and GPON gateways based on Quantenna's Wi-Fi 6 chips, the QSR10GU-AX Plus and QSR5GU-AX Plus, and Cortina's network processors, the Cortina CA7742 and Cortina CA8279.
Quantenna and Cortina Provide Complete Solutions for Wi-Fi 6 Enabled GPON Gateways & Routers
BERLIN, Oct. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ : QTNA), and Cortina Access Inc. are delivering complete reference designs for next generation GPON gateways and managed routers with up to 10Gbits/s performance, exploiting leading edge Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) capabilities. These designs utilize Quantenna’s latest Wi-Fi 6 solutions, QSR10GU-AX, QSR5GU-AX PLUS and QSR10GU-AX PLUS, along with Cortina’s Saturn CA8279 AnyPON gateway chipset and GoldenGate CA7742 quad-A53 gateway network processor. The collection of these unique capabilities provides an end-to-end solution covering a variety of applications such as fiber gateways supporting 7 different PON modes or managed routers capable of handling up to 10Gbits/s throughput. In order to minimize time to market for OEMs and ODMs, the complete designs come with the hardware framework as well as full software stack.
With the explosion in the number of new Wi-Fi devices, and demanding applications such as online gaming and 4K video streaming, there is an increasing need for higher bandwidth and superior network performance. Quantenna’s advanced Wi-Fi 6 products address this demand and solve the existing challenges in crowded environments by providing enhanced DFS, extended range and superior MU-MIMO capabilities. The unique features of these products include:
QSR10GU-AX PLUS (8x8 + 4x4 11ax)
QSR5GU-AX PLUS (5x5 + 4x4 11ax)
- Dynamic switching between 8x8 MIMO and dual 4x4 MIMO in the 5 GHz band, providing end users with the best possible MIMO configuration, tailored to each individual environment
- MU-MIMO (multi-user MIMO), enabling simultaneous transmission to multiple high-throughput clients
Cortina CA7742 (Gateway Network Processor)
- The addition of a fifth chain allows for up to 50 percent more speed, especially in MU-MIMO operation
- Enhanced radar detection and spectrum analyzer
Cortina CA8279 (PON Gateway Processor)
- Quad-A53 with multiple multiplexed SerDes for multi-channels PCI-e’s, USB 2.0/3.0, SATA, & all the necessary peripherals for a comprehensive CPE device
- Embedded Packet Encapsulation/Decapsulation Engine for Efficient Packet Processing, e.g., LAN-Wifi bridging, MAP-E/T acceleration, etc.
- Embedded CPU-neutral networking Engine enabling wire-rate 10Gb/s WAN <-> LAN routing
- Embedded Multi-Gb/s crypto-engine together with hacker-proof antifuse OTP and memory scrambler for best-in-class security platform
“Quantenna is leading the industry’s transition to Wi-Fi 6, enabling innovations that provide end users with the best Wi-Fi experience,” said Ambroise Popper, vice president, strategy and corporate marketing at Quantenna. “Cortina has a unique solution, and we are thrilled to extend our collaboration and expedite the availability of Wi-Fi 6 advanced capabilities in the market.”
- The addition of PON interfaces to the CA7742 Gateway Processor to support 10G EPON, 10G XGSPON, and 10G NGPON2 for both Cable and Telco Operators
- Integrated Multi-rate SerDes to support direct connection to PON optical transceiver
"With this kind of integration, flexibility, and performance, Cortina together with Quantenna continue to lead the home networking innovation," said Dr. Stewart Wu, vice president of marketing at Cortina Access.”