What's new

Question about the Parental Controls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spokey

Occasional Visitor
Not even sure if this is a Merlin question but the issue came up a couple days ago when I upgraded the Merlin from RT-AC86U_386.1_0 to RT-AC86U_386.2_0 (just tried RT-AC86U_386.2_2 see if it changed and it has not).

Up to 386.1 the time schedule for a given machine was a nice easy to use and understand visual interface.

f14c358c-b33e-48a7-9894-f11e82eb1f39.jpg

now I've got this when I click to edit a particular machine:

Snap1.jpg

Is there some setting that got nuked? Any way to get back the usable interace?

thanks

I believe it's an upstream change by Asus. I've seen other people commenting that they don't like it.

I think they now allow other than 'hourly' start/stop times, so the graphical interface really doesn't fit well anymore.

Hey all,
I have this issue too, so are we stuck with this, i just moved to an asus ax88u from an older ac Linksys and the linksys had the other type of interface. cant set multiple blocks per day with this setup.

it is the same - just click on book icon :)

if some1 truly need parental control feature are changing router to Synology :(

oh man, that sucks. i like everything else about this router except for that. Decisions... let me kid waste away on his xbox and save $$, or drop some more cash on another linksys, anyone know if Netgear or TP link have better controls?