What's new

[Question] Manual execution of OpenVPN Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Santiago C

Regular Contributor
Hi!

I am trying to run a 3rd ovpn server in my AC68U (Merlin 378.55) but I cannot create the virtual adapter (like tap22). I think that is the only missing piece, I already have iptables set, ovpn config and can connect. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Hello Santiago,
If you don't get an answer here - and I think it unlikely (other than to enquire why on earth you need 3 servers) - you may well find the level of expertise you're looking for in a forum dedicated to OpenVPN.

Hello Santiago,
If you don't get an answer here - and I think it unlikely (other than to enquire why on earth you need 3 servers) - you may well find the level of expertise you're looking for in a forum dedicated to OpenVPN.
Thanks for your reply! I think I finally cracked it out, had to dig into asuswrt source code (to see what it did behind curtains upon enabling a server) and was able to start the daemon, establish a working connection and close the daemon. I will clean my script and post it here sometime.
As for your inquiry, I wanted to have an ovpn server using ProxyChains to re-direct traffic though TOR's socks server also running on my router, although the last part was not successful. What was the purpose? No purpose at all, just proving that I was able to get it done if I wanted to.. that's how you learn...