What's new

Questions About SkyNet and Blocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if you don't mind, look at the [##s] and
tell me if they look very slow to you
cause i'm using an old usb2 drive
and suspect i should get better.

Probably doesn't help, but your main bottleneck is the CPU. Don't stress though, this operation is only done once per day in the background at most depending on your settings.

only done once per day .

well, i was less concerned about the update, i'm simply pointing out the seconds as a common "banmalware" benchmark to compare my router to others. i'm more concerned with diversion+skynet's dependence on my usb drive to perform normally, not just during initial loading and updates - or is it not an issue because it's all running from the router ram anyway, and does not actually use that usb drive based swap file much.

or is it not an issue because it's all running from the router ram anyway, and does not actually use that usb drive based swap file much.

Correct, after Skynet is started it rarely uses disk access beyond saving its current data, and even then the files it accesses are tiny in size so they load almost instantly.