Skynet Quicker ipsets update? Is it beneficial?

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Matthew Patrick

Hey.. so I know that Skynet updates the ipsets every day . Is it possible to change it to maybe every hour or something? Is it better to do it every hour instead of every day considering that some of the ipsets are updated every minute (by my knowledge) and usually it has hot fixes for false positives???

Thank you!! :)

Treadler

Very Senior Member
Hey.. so I know that Skynet updates the ipsets every day . Is it possible to change it to maybe every hour or something? Is it better to do it every hour instead of every day considering that some of the ipsets are updated every minute (by my knowledge) and usually it has hot fixes for false positives???

Thank you!! :)
No, IMHO, hitting updates too often will result in our access to the resource being banned.
I seem to remember this being an issue some while back.....

Matthew Patrick

No, IMHO, hitting updates too often will result in our access to the resource being banned.
I seem to remember this being an issue some while back.....
Oh really? Do they have rules on how long we can update it without getting banned? Anyways, do you add more lists or do you just use the one included from Skynet?

Treadler

Very Senior Member
Oh really? Do they have rules on how long we can update it without getting banned? Anyways, do you add more lists or do you just use the one included from Skynet?

So far as I’m aware, yes, hence the daily check frequency.

Personally I just use the default list.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!