What's new

R-AC87u new branch 382

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The 382 branch is still early work in progress. Asus is still a few weeks away from a first beta release.

it was interesting what new features is coming in this 382 branch.

@VANT: when you want to use TrendMicro related function, please disable CTF (NAT accelerator) because of CTF compatible issue.

It's good to know that Asus has not yet abandoned 87U and hopefully 382 version gets on it.

Does anyone know about the firmware update support period from Asus for 87U?

It's good to know that Asus has not yet abandoned 87U and hopefully 382 version gets on it.

Does anyone know about the firmware update support period from Asus for 87U?

Afaik, Asus is the only manufacturer that is still supporting their Quantenna based router (other manufacturers have washed their hands of that hot mess).

Going by their track record for their other routers? They will continue to support it until the hardware isn't able to run the latest code/features. Considering that the hardware is great in this router, that will be a long time from now (they are, for example still supporting the 'ancient' RT-N66U).

Great ! I have same problem with RT-AC66U.

The same Quantenna Firmware with the Bug of the Repeater Mode. I hope with a new final Driver with offical MUMIMO the bug is solved.

@VANT can you please test if the repeater-mode is working for you on the latest N66u Firmware.

Thanks

Afaik, Asus is the only manufacturer that is still supporting their Quantenna based router (other manufacturers have washed their hands of that hot mess).

Going by their track record for their other routers? They will continue to support it until the hardware isn't able to run the latest code/features. Considering that the hardware is great in this router, that will be a long time from now (they are, for example still supporting the 'ancient' RT-N66U).

That's good to know. I don't know if the mess you referred is at the Quantenna hardware or with the h/w design on this router with it. I know 2 issues with this router - port 1 and 5GHz performance and high temperature debacles. Not sure if Asus is working on the fix or workaround and I hope the future updates will bring something better on the table.

Thankswha

new official fw will be avaible soon.
This info i have directly from asus.

why would you want that junk
i remove it before i compile
if you really want it it most prob works from a fresh compile with the flag added on the ac87

Ive been using it for like 2 years and works great at least for me.

June 2016 has come and gone and still BETA on all Asus MU-MIMO routers. Wake up Asus and Broadcom!

I'm curious if this year still the 382 branch comes.

Probably not till 2017. Maybe we'll even get working mu-mimo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I hope the Repeater issue is solved with the 382 branch.