What's new

R7000 & TunnelBroker IPv6 Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

88keyz

Occasional Visitor
I don't know if its even possible but if anyone out there knows of a good walk-through tutorial on how to setup the stock firmware on the R7000 for a Hurricane Electric/TunnelBroker 6in4 IPv6 tunnel I would appreciate any help you can provide. Using stock firmware 1.0.4.28 in case that helps or matters.

I've setup TunnelBroker IPv6 tunnels on other routers (OEM, Tomato, DD-WRT) but I can't seem to figure out the setup on the R7000. Nothing I try seems to work so I'm beginning to think its not possible. I realize I could flash DD-WRT or Tomato onto the R7000 but I've found that my wireless range isn't as good with third party firmware. In addition without the CTF hardware acceleration I can't max out the downstream my 300D/20U internet connection so I'm really looking for a solution using the stock firmware.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.

There's been issues with Netgear's factory firmware and HE.net tunnel brokers...

You may have to fall back to 3rd party firmware here...

Spare yourself the trouble and flash XVortex's Merlin mod http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-on-netgear-r7000.71108/

I use it myself and everything works really good. Very good range, HW accel available, stable, etc

out of all routers I tried, Netgear's stock is the worst and ugliest FW

Thanks! Looks like an excellent option. I've read great things about Merlin's firmware so I'll definitely give this a shot.

edit: Got it all setup and its working beautifully. So much better than the Netgear stock firmware. Thanks again for the tip.

Last edited: