What's new

R7800 Firmware update 1.0.2.38

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Killhippie

The prize for the vaguest update I have seen so far this year goes to Netgear with version V1.0.2.38's startlingly comprehensive description as seen below. No idea if krack has been fixed or any of the issues with Samba v3 or the other issues with drives not being seen properly (time machine) but have an update anyway, after all its almost Christmas :confused:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes security issues.
  • Fixes minor bugs.
Known unfixed issues:

• Intel7260/3160 has a connection problem with the R7800 when the HT160 is enabled. This issue is due to the Intel driver. Intel is looking into this.

This this release have KRACK fixed?
On the Netgear page about the WPA2 Vulnerability it says versions prior to 1.0.2.36 for the R7800 but since this has not been mentioned I have no idea. Last I looked the R7800 was not listed as updated against this but there is that caveat about firmware versions. Maybe @NETGEAR Guy has more information.

This this release have KRACK fixed?
Rather no. Date of 1.0.2.38 compilation is 28th of September. But info about KRACK was published in the middle of October.

Most visible changes (vs 1.0.2.32, not 1.0.2.36) are:

Correction of SAMBA 2GB barrier problem (IMO it is not "minor bug", but rather fatal) and dropped out iTunes server to save a space. I did not try to install it, just some browsing.

The rest is probably really "minor".

P.S.
Interesting that NETGEAR uses some own changed version of Samba 4.6.4. Not patches above official release. It is rather hard for maintenance and covering security holes. Current official stable release is 4.7.3.

Voxel.

I like how it took a firmware dev (Voxel) to explain the changes rather than Netgear. How hard could it be to document changes in lay mans terms, hopefully next time it’s not reduced to just “changes” in the change log lol.

I like how it took a firmware dev (Voxel) to explain the changes rather than Netgear. How hard could it be to document changes in lay mans terms, hopefully next time it’s not reduced to just “changes” in the change log lol.

Avtella, I've sent you a couple of private messages but have not gotten no response.
Is that a no no?

Can’t respond to those here due to NDA. It wasn’t me trying to be impolite.

Ok. Wasn't sure you got it. I think that doesn't apply between us but ok.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!