What's new

Small issue with converted RBR50v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CraigR

New Around Here
Following the great instructions here... 'RBR50v2 conversion' I have successfully resurrected a faulty RBR50v2 which I picked up cheap, and it is now connected as a satellite to my network, using the modified firmware V2.7.5.4 - provided by schmellic (from the link on page 3 of the above thread).

if I look at the network map however, this modified satellite has only 2.4g connectivity and backhaul status is poor - I have reset a couple of times and no improvement.

If I place a different satellite in the same location, I can get a 5g connection and good backhaul.

Wondered if anyone could offer and suggestions or advice.

thx
orbi.jpg

Thx for the reply.
I read that article, but assumed that I would be ok, as 3 of my satellites were wired, and there was never more than 1 additional satellite in the chain.
I have managed to relocate my satellites so I get good coverage with 6 rather than 7 satellites, and have kept the modified RBR50v2 as a spare.
It doesn’t solve the initial problem, but as I stated originally, when I swapped locations of two satellites, it was always the modified RBR50v2 which showed poor backhaul and connectivity.
For now though, all is working, and happy with performance of the Orbi system.

Just FYI, regardless of wireless or wired RBS, There maybe still too much wifi that maybe over saturating your environment or have too much wifi signal over lap between the units, since all RBS are still broadcasting signals, regardless of wireless or ethernet backhaul. This can cause problems if RBS are not spaced out in distances from the RBR and each other.

What's the sq feet size of your home?

Just FYI, regardless of wireless or wired RBS, There maybe still too much wifi that maybe over saturating your environment or have too much wifi signal over lap between the units, since all RBS are still broadcasting signals, regardless of wireless or ethernet backhaul. This can cause problems if RBS are not spaced out in distances from the RBR and each other.

What's the sq feet size of your home?
about 6500-7000 i think - you think i am using more satellites than I need ?

about 6500-7000 i think - you think i am using more satellites than I need ?
I definitely think so. My home is roughly 5,000. I have the router on my main level then put a satellite in my basement, one on my top floor, and one in my garage for a total of 4 and seems about right for my coverage.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!