What's new

Reboot scheduler - requires login name change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

woody53

New Around Here
Good day. I am new to ASUS WRT Merlin.

When I select Enable Reboot scheduler to Yes, and Apply I get a message at the top of the page under the Router Login name stating:

"This account already exists. Please enter a different name."

I don't understand what the router login name has to do with enabling the reboot scheduler. I don't want to change the name or password, but admit I haven't tried to see if this would allow me to enable it.

Any ideas?

Thanks Colin, You seem to be correct that it is related to the settings. I had uploaded my settings saved before changing to Merlin firmware. A factory reset allows me to set a reboot schedule without the warning.

Now I need to figure out how to recreate the old settings in Merlin. Some of them were related to parental controls where a specific MAC (phone) was restricted from accessing some web sites. The phone to be controlled visits from time to time, so it I think I would need start over once it is connected to my network.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!