What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello,is krack fix for ac66 or ac68u too?....I hope that soon will be available a stable codebase 382....

If you are running in repeater / extender mode then you need the krack fix. If you are however using it in router mode not having the krack fix is not a big deal.

But just sit tight its coming...

Runs like a train on my AC87U. Much appreciated.

I only notice one bug: I use the 'Allow only specified IP address' option for access to the webUI and SSH, but this no longer works.
I have set one client IP to manage the router, but no matter if I turn the option on or off, the WebUI and ssh is accessible by all my connected devices, even thru VPN.

This bug was also present in the previous version (380.68_4)
Not sure if it was present in the version before that, but it used to work a couple of versions back.

Other than that everything is running smooth here :)
Thanks again for your hard work!

Should I do a factory reset after flashing? I am on 380.67.

Thanks!

Thank you @RMerlin! I've been on shibby/tomato for the last 5+ years, and finally made the plunge to this firmware. Waited until this specific release since it addresses KRACK.

Primary reason is that I'm switching over my router duties to my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X soon, so my RT-N66U will be basically AP only. I also added a second AP, and needed Roaming Assistant for better handoff, which isn't a feature in Tomato. Took me literally less than 15 minutes to flash this firmware over Shibby, and reconfigure my port forwards and DDNS.

FWIW, Roaming Assistant isn't a silver bullet from what I've read. Its really just a suggestion for the clients, and does not hard disconnect when over the RSSI threshold. That said, having it is better than nothing. Though, I do wish I could set it higher than -70.

Thank you @RMerlin! I've been on shibby/tomato for the last 5+ years, and finally made the plunge to this firmware. Waited until this specific release since it addresses KRACK.

Primary reason is that I'm switching over my router duties to my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X soon, so my RT-N66U will be basically AP only. I also added a second AP, and needed Roaming Assistant for better handoff, which isn't a feature in Tomato. Took me literally less than 15 minutes to flash this firmware over Shibby, and reconfigure my port forwards and DDNS.

FWIW, Roaming Assistant isn't a silver bullet from what I've read. Its really just a suggestion for the clients, and does not hard disconnect when over the RSSI threshold. That said, having it is better than nothing. Though, I do wish I could set it higher than -70.

380 firmware doesn't fix krack, only 382 release does. Nevermind, I see RT-N66U and RT-AC66U are fixed in 380. But as @Makaveli said a couple of post before you, the krack fix is only needed if you run your router in repeater/bridge mode.

Last edited:
I am still seeing a lot of these entries in the SYS log for my AC5300 and ideas anyone?

Dec 15 13:53:05 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Dec 15 13:53:07 kernel: br0: port 2(wl0.1) received tcn bpdu
Dec 15 13:53:07 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Dec 15 13:53:07 kernel: br0: port 2(wl0.1) received tcn bpdu
Dec 15 13:53:07 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating

Installed on my AC3200. "Ethernet Ports" on the home screen (Newtork Map tab) are blank.

Attachments

• 3200.jpg
    3200.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 587
Installed on my AC3200. "Ethernet Ports" on the home screen (Newtork Map tab) are blank.

I reported an error in the code reference ethernet port status report. This is the original commit with the error:

eea7c61

RMelin fixed the issue with this commit:

f90fc25

The 380.69 version you just installed doesn't include the fix. You will need to wait until RMelin releases his next version. I'm not sure if this has also caused the issues that users are reporting reference the webui being slow or non responsive. We will have to see.

Had a big problem after I downloaded this New firmware release to my RT66U. When it downloaded somewhere around 72% something got messed up and had hard time connecting to 2.4 and 5. Did a factory reset and still weren't connect. Keep getting message on router:
"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

Finally after 2 hours somehow my computer found both. Any idea why this happened? Thanks

Last edited:
Should I do a factory reset after flashing? I am on 380.67.

I would recommend a factory reset. This will help insure you don't run into any issues related to old nvram settings. You should really take a look at the vast amount of code commits between 380.67 and 380.69. There's a significant change in code to reinforce suggesting a reset. Save your config just case if you have a difficult configuration setup that you might be able to import back without any issues.

Had a big problem after I downloaded this New firmware release to my RT66U. When it downloaded somewhere around 72% something got messed up and had hard time connecting to 2.4 and 5. Did a factory reset and still weren't connect. Keep getting message on router:
"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

That honestly doesn't sound good. I would recommend using the ASUS restoration utility to manually update the firmware with RMerlin's firmware. Don't forget to save your configuration file and reset to factory defaults.

Last edited:
I would recommend a factory reset. This will help insure you don't run into any issues related to old nvram settings. You should really take a look at the vast amount of code commits between 380.67 and 380.69. There's a significant change in code to reinforce suggesting a reset. Save your config just case if you have a difficult configuration setup that you might be able to import back without any issues.

That honestly doesn't sound good. I would recommend using the ASUS restoration utility to manually update the firmware with RMerlin's firmware. Don't forget to save your configuration file and reset to factory defaults.

I just did the upgrade 3 days ago and the router has been running well. I did not factory reset.

Ok! I will do it. Thanks ! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!