What's new

[Release 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Make sure you use the button meant for uploading the JFFS backup, not the settings file. I had no issue restoring a JFFS backup here.

I am having the same problem trying to restore a backup from earlier today. I am using the JFFS restore button (not settings restore), and the tar file opens fine with winrar and is not corrupted. If anyone has solved this please let me know.

I am having the same problem trying to restore a backup from earlier today. I am using the JFFS restore button (not settings restore), and the tar file opens fine with winrar and is not corrupted. If anyone has solved this please let me know.
Have you turned on script support and have you formatted the jffs file yet?

yes, it is enabled in administration.

I just formatted it to clear it again, and then went back to attempt to restore, but I get the same error right after I click upload. 384.6 and trying to restore a 384.6 backup.

yes, it is enabled in administration.

I just formatted it to clear it again, and then went back to attempt to restore, but I get the same error right after I click upload. 384.6 and trying to restore a 384.6 backup.
If you can get into the file with winrar use a tool like winscp and manually move the jffs directory over. Run dos2unix and make sure everything you need to be executable, is in fact. Get things going and then resave your jffs. It would seem the system doesn't like the file for some reason. I know it works on mine because I used it the other day.

Very strange.... I even went back to 384.5 firmware and tried to restore that version's backups of settings and jffs. I got the same error.

Given both files don't work on either version's backup, it is possible another setting is blocking it in the GUI? Using chrome, but I did get the same results with explorer as well.

To manually copy it over, just throw the files in /jffs using MobaXterm? Actually I will have to overwrite the server keys etc.

Very strange.... I even went back to 384.5 firmware and tried to restore that version's backups of settings and jffs. I got the same error.

Given both files don't work on either version's backup, it is possible another setting is blocking it in the GUI? Using chrome, but I did get the same results with explorer as well.

To manually copy it over, just throw the files in /jffs using MobaXterm? Actually I will have to overwrite the server keys etc.
Yeah! Basically copy and paste and then check to make sure the permissions are set and that the process of transfer didn't mess with end of line. Running dos2unix after the process and chmod.

And reboot or course....:)

Hi Merlin,

first of all thank you for all your hard work. Unfortunately i had some issues with Johns Fork with my RT N66U. Not sure if your version will help me. Maybe you can tell:

My ISP is using Dual-Stack Lite tunnel (ds-lite IPv4 in IPv6) and i need to configure / Obtain a DS-Lite AFTR from DHCPv6 from my cable modem (Technicolor TC4400). Before i was using a router with modem from my ISP. I switched to a modem only device but i could not obtain an ipv4 address through DHCPv6 DS-Lite. It looks like your version uses odhcp6c which has an option to set an DS-Lite AFTR manually. Do you know if this works?

- Is it possible to configure this version with DS-LITE?
- Is it possible to obtain an ISP's DS-Lite AFTR from DHCPv6 automaticaly?
- Can i set an ISP's DS-Lite AFTR manually?

Dual-Stack Lite tunnel (ds-lite IPv4 in IPv6)
ds-lite is a transitioning-mechanism which is used by ISPs to support legacy IPv4-connectivity over a native IPv6 connection.
Also see https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6

or:

https://github.com/openwrt/odhcp6c

Support for DHCPv6 extension
i) DS-Lite AFTR-Name Option

Thank you very much.
Hi dopefish - have you solved this issue? I have exactly the same and I posted an ad hoc thread: DS-LITE and DSL-AC68U (with GNUton Merlin)

It would be great if you could update me on your progress (or any other who can support us here!)

Hi dopefish - have you solved this issue? I have exactly the same and I posted an ad hoc thread: DS-LITE and DSL-AC68U (with GNUton Merlin)

It would be great if you could update me on your progress (or any other who can support us here!)

You're replying to a thread that is long past its due date. :)

If dopefish is still around (doesn't seem to be) he'll answer you in your other thread. ;)

You're replying to a thread that is long past its due date. :)

If dopefish is still around (doesn't seem to be) he'll answer you in your other thread. ;)
I know... Keeping fingers crossed :) but I really don't get why not so many people had issues with DS-Lite/why there is such a lack of documentation: most of Germany is behind DS-Lite!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!