What's new

[Release 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There's nothing for me to investigate, wifi is closed source, and will be whatever Asus's code is.

Try the usual recommendations: disable MU-MIMO, Airtime Fairness and Implicit Beamforming.

Is it possible to use the wifi driver from the 380 branch?

Is it possible to use the wifi driver from the 380 branch?

No idea. Don't really have the time to experiment in mixing different SDKs and code bases, sorry. It's not just a matter of copying a single file, there are a lot of dependencies also to be considered. The wireless driver is just one portion of the equation. Everything that configures it is also closed source, and this cannot be moved between different firmware releases.

That's why the Tomato devs for instance are having such a hard time supporting newer models.

No idea. Don't really have the time to experiment in mixing different SDKs and code bases, sorry. It's not just a matter of copying a single file, there are a lot of dependencies also to be considered. The wireless driver is just one portion of the equation. Everything that configures it is also closed source, and this cannot be moved between different firmware releases.

That's why the Tomato devs for instance are having such a hard time supporting newer models.

After factory defaulting the 3100 a 3rd time with 382.1_2 the wifi is still working after two days thus far which was not happening before after upgrading from 380 to 382, seems importing your settings from 380 is not allowed as the router will act up badly over days/weeks (wifi lost, isp login failure with cable modem (VDSL was fine) and dns failures for random sites up to the point you can no longer access any site).

In Site Survey my router ac86u (382.1_2) detects only ssid associated with my router configuration and doesn't show any other proxmity ssid, is it normal?I analyzed with my smartphone and it shows other proximity ssid!!! What's problem?Thanks

In Site Survey my router ac86u (382.1_2) detects only ssid associated with my router configuration and doesn't show any other proxmity ssid, is it normal?I analyzed with my smartphone and it shows other proximity ssid!!! What's problem?Thanks

Make sure you don't enable MAC filtering, as it will also prevent seeing other APs.

I’m having an issue trying to block access to an IP address using the network service filter.

I’m trying to block connecting to a ntp server, so I added the IP address (204.176.49.10) to the network services filter and put the protocol as UDP, but I’m still able to pull the time from said server. The setting is set to blacklist for all days and times.

This is what shows up in iptables

Chain NSFW (1 references)
target prot opt source destination
RETURN udp -- anywhere sjr1.tivo.com
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere

Any idea why the connection is being allowed?

Edit:

I'm nearly certain this is a bug. I posted a new thread with the details.

Last edited:
Should be straight forward, try unplugging any USB devices, reboot router and make sure you have the right file.
I dont use USB devices.

I returned the firmware of the router to ASUS and sent it to the manufacturer for investigation. As a result of the investigation, the router was broken. Sorry for the trouble of my router and causing trouble on the forum.

Make sure you don't enable MAC filtering, as it will also prevent seeing other APs.
wireless mac filtering is disabled.Also,if I press scan button it seems no working....and if I modify wifi channel control then wifi radar display the correct channel only after a reboot what's the problem?is it a firmware bug?

Last edited:
Can no one comment on this issue?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/blacklisting-via-network-services-filter-isnt-working.44422/

Not to repeat the entire post, but all my black list filtering rules are being added as “RETURN” rules, which is causing “black listed” ip addresses and ports to be accepted. In other words black list network services filtering isn’t working. I could add my own iptable rules, but I’d rather use the UI setting as they are much easier to use.

It seems like a fairly straightforward problem that is very easy to reproduce, and looking at the code it seems to be purposely doing this for some reason.

Is no one else having this problem?

wireless mac filtering is disabled.Also,if I press scan button it seems no working....and if I modify wifi channel control then wifi radar display the correct channel only after a reboot what's the problem?is it a firmware bug?

Wifi scanner works for me.

As for Wifi Radar, it's closed source, I have no control over it.

Hi, I have an AC86U and an interesting thing happened today (starting yesterday). 1st yesterday I lost any both wifi signals of the router, only reboot helped. Today only 2.4GHz was available and the router locked me out and said this is not an asus router or not running the proper firmware (or something like this). Only turn off and on helped. I'm running Merlin 382.1.2 firmware. Do you have any idea what has happened? I hope it's not a HW issue again, my 1st AC86U has died after a month, totally lost 2.4GHz part of the wifi and the service has confirmed it was a HW failure.

HEY GUYS NEWB QUESTION I'M HAVING TROUBLE FINDING MOST CURRENT ASUS WRT MERLIN FW FOR MY MODEL........ RT AC87U! PLEASE HELP

Hi!

First of all thanks for all the work done on this firmware.

I've installed the 382.1_2 on my AC88U, and since I'm facing network drop during streaming between my Synology NAS and my Nvidia Shield (with SPMC).

I've this issue in both wired or Wifi.

I've attached a picture of the Wifi usage during streaming to illustrate what's happening.

Anyone here already faced this issue ?

Any help appreciated

BR

Hi!

Can someone confirm this issue is fixed on latest RT-AC88U_384.5_0 firmware ?

BR

Hi!

Can someone confirm this issue is fixed on latest RT-AC88U_384.5_0 firmware ?

BR

This is an environmental/configuration issue and not an issue with the firmware. I use an nVidia Shield TV myself to stream from a NAS with an RT-AC88U, and have zero issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!