What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

great job.....I hope on AiMesh implementation in the next future....
Merged with GPL 384_10007. Note that AiMesh is NOT supported. Due to its complexity, a lot of work will be required to determine whether or not supporting it is possible. Initial analysis wasn't looking good on that front.

I just recognised that my overclock settings don't stay after a reboot. The CPU frequency doesn't change at all, but there is an increase in Bogo mips. So the command is working...somewhat.

I've been on on 380.2 before and everything was working fine. Is there a new command I'm missing?

Eric - THANKS for all your time and effort!

I'm going from 380.69_2 - do I need to reset my settings after installing 384? Note that the txt file in the release is unclear on this question.

I'm going from 380.69_2 - do I need to reset my settings after installing 384? Note that the txt file in the release is unclear on this question.

Thats what i did and I believe that in some of the old threads it was mentioned that it indeed is required.

I've updated a rt-ac86u from stock fw to 384.3 and did a factory reset afterwards.
I was setting up an OpenVPN client and was wondering why there are no manual changes possible in custom settings textbox.
This issue appears with FF 58.0.2 and Safari.
I don't have this issue on my former rt-68u with 380.68.

After setting up everything, I did connect from the ASUS Router App to rt-ac86u.
Then after reviewing some settings on the router, I was suprised that DDNS and Web Access from WAN was enabled all of the sudden although I haven't changed anything in the App.
I'm fully sure that both settings were disabled.
There must be something wrong since the last update of the App.

RT-AC68U. MiniDLNA streaming is still broke with 384.3_0. MiniDLNA streaming broke with the introduction of 384.3_alpha3.

I was using 384.3_alpha2-g5b8da38 but since HDD disk spin down also no longer works on any 384.3 firmware, I have decided to flash back to 380.69_2.

RT-AC3200:

Just upgraded from 384.3 Beta 3 to this, did a factory reset afterwards.

2.4 GHz is unstable. Keeps dropping, and then causes my RP-AC68U repeater to keep disconnecting as well.

Both 5 GHz radios work fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Can anyone report that HDD spin down is working for them with 384.3 firmware.

As an FYI the HDD spin down feature moved from Tools, Other Features to Administration, System, and requires a turn on of HDD Hibernation.

When will you transition the RT-AC5300 to the 384 builds?
I’m now running the factory FW again instead of 380.69

384.4. There was no GPL for that model during 384.3 development.

Strongly recommended to do so, yes.

AC3200:

Going back to Beta 3 which although has a buggy GUI for me, was stable and 2.4 GHz wasn't dropping every 2 minutes.

AC3200:

Going back to Beta 3 which although has a buggy GUI for me, was stable and 2.4 GHz wasn't dropping every 2 minutes.

I feel like I'm a parrot here, but... There has been zero wireless change between beta 3 and final. In fact, the list of change is very small, and there has been zero code change:

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ git log 384.3-beta3..384.3 --oneline
76d153d Bumped revision to 384.3 final
611e35d Updated changelog
e9b7f87 doc: "licence" is French, English would be "license".
582f3bc webui: use double quotes around VPN client list to reduce chances of broken JS code
d8ed90f Webui: immediately apply new password on initial password change
f1f2b33 Added legal disclaimer regarding proprietary components

Two HTML changes total between beta 3 and final release.

I feel like I'm a parrot here, but... There has been zero wireless change between beta 3 and final. In fact, the list of change is very small, and there has been zero code change:

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ git log 384.3-beta3..384.3 --oneline
76d153d Bumped revision to 384.3 final
611e35d Updated changelog
e9b7f87 doc: "licence" is French, English would be "license".
582f3bc webui: use double quotes around VPN client list to reduce chances of broken JS code
d8ed90f Webui: immediately apply new password on initial password change
f1f2b33 Added legal disclaimer regarding proprietary components

Two HTML changes total between beta 3 and final release.
I don't doubt you man, just saying what happened.

I did a clean install of the final build as I do with every update.
Set up WiFi the way I wanted and rebooted after that.

Was going well and then 2.4 GHz disappeared and it kept doing that every 2 minutes. Reset it again, and exactly the same thing.

Have gone back to Beta 3 now, so I'll just stay here till I get a new router.

Have been planning to pick up an AC88U anyway, since I can barely use my AC3200 due to it being a Japanese region router, barely any devices can detect the 5 GHz radios despite setting them to DFS channels.

I've updated a rt-ac86u from stock fw to 384.3 and did a factory reset afterwards.
I was setting up an OpenVPN client and was wondering why there are no manual changes possible in custom settings textbox.
This issue appears with FF 58.0.2 and Safari.
I don't have this issue on my former rt-68u with 380.68.

After setting up everything, I did connect from the ASUS Router App to rt-ac86u.
Then after reviewing some settings on the router, I was suprised that DDNS and Web Access from WAN was enabled all of the sudden although I haven't changed anything in the App.
I'm fully sure that both settings were disabled.
There must be something wrong since the last update of the App.

Once you launch the ASUS app and connect to your router, it will automatically enable remote access and DDNS. I've noticed this on official ASUS releases as well as Merlin. It is a function built into the app. Also, turning it off in the app does not turn it off on the router - you must login and turn it off again in the GUI. If you remove and re-install the app, or clear the app data on your mobile, it will do it again. I have flashed firmware 50+ times and have noticed this EVERY time I reconnect to the router to manage it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!