What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

not sure why but my RAM on the 86U is running at 95%..... very odd for 12 wired and wireless clients...

any clue whi this would be ?

If you have a USB disk plugged, then RAM gets used for caching.

Thanks! Would not have looked there without your pointer..

Apparently it’s currently set to “None”

Should I change this to “Import/Persistent Auto-generated” to use my own?

(It seems to be using my certificate anyway)
What a fantastically stupid location for this setting then along with all the other HTTPS settings.

What a fantastically stupid location for this setting then along with all the other HTTPS settings.

Asus added it there because Let's Encrypt is tied to DDNS.

I was using 382.1_2 and had this annoying bug when setting up the router after a reset, creating username and password was not storing, as the next stage would not accept the correct username and password, anyway to confirm 384.3 fixed this, I notice the setup UI is a lot clearer as well.

One thing on 384.3 is the network map, it seems to be very patchy, wifi devices that are connected appear and vanish really quickly (seems like its more the 5ghz band) , I don't think the devices are actually disconnecting, just seems like the network map has an issue, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Since 384.3 can't use AC68U.
It worked fine till that update.
The latest 384.4 didn't help.

Dual WAN:
WAN port: PPTP VPN (secondary WAN) - 1st provider.
LAN port: PPPoE (primary WAN) - 2nd provider.
Load Balance.

PPPoE connection MUST be primary - because of SetTopBox' limitations.

Connected on PPPoE, can't connect on PPTP - logged "PPTP: Unknown host MY_PPTP_SERVER".

In case of MY_PPTP_SERVER is specified by IP address - works fine again.
But my 1st provider changes it's address from time to time.

Everything works fine too in these cases:
1. Single WAN, only PPTP is used, LAN port not used for the 2nd provider.
2. Dual WAN, Fail over, cable from the 2nd provider is not plugged to LAN port.

So, the problem occurred only if there is 2nd provider.
Seems that in this case the name of PPTP server can't be resolved.

Hi Merlin,
First of all, thanks for always bringing us the best firmware.

Second...
Yesterday, I did a reset on my ASUS RT-AC68U after upgrade to the latest RMERLIM WRT: 384.3 (14-Feb-2018). The RT-AC68U is running as a media bridge, connected to a RT-AC3200 via 5 Ghz band.

After the upgrade, the new graphical UI is not showing any 5 Ghz band, only 2.4 Ghz. I have done test also with the original ASUS WRT, version 3.0.0.4.384.20308 and it's the same.

Also the manual settings button has been removed. This is crucial if the SSID is hidden.

I was forced to revert back to RMerlin WRT version 380.69 (11-Dec-2017) in order to get the RT-AC68U up and running.

Could it be that the UI is limiting the SSID AP list?

This is the screen that I'm looking for, with the MANUAL SETTING

Sk_rmavbild_2018_02_18_kl_00_01_59.png

First post here because I'm having the same issue. Upgraded from 380.68_2. I am trying to switch from repeater to media bridge, but I need to manually enter an SSID since the SSID I want to connect to is hidden. This is for an RT-AC68U (TM-AC1900 original). I am not the administrator of the network (university wifi), but I have explicit approval to connect the router to their wifi. As such, I am not authorized to unhide the SSID. I am using this to connect ethernet-only devices to wifi. Not sure if this is a base AsusWRT issue, since I upgraded directly from T-Mobile to AsusWRT-Merlin.

Thanks!!

If we want to update from 384.3 to a later firmware (Merlin), we should update via GUI or via Asus's Firmware Restoration utility?

I unplugged it, and its still at 70%...
I have a USB stick plugged in and my RAM is currently showing 93%. And my CPU temp is at 82C and has been as high as 90C, in case that was another concern. The router has been running just fine, other than some WiFi connected devices dropping off the network for some unknown reason(particularly Echo Dots), which is something it didn't do with earlier firmware versions.

I just ignore the RAM and the temp unless a problem develops that might be related to either of those functions, but since the day it was first plugged in, I haven't seen an issue.

Trying 384.6 alpha 1 now
ran okay since middle of yesterday
just using as a router and devices connecting to it nothing fancy

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!