What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "WARN: Stalled endpoint" means something like power problem maybe from USB-drive.

I think "WARN: Stalled endpoint" means something like power problem maybe from USB-drive.
strange, sdb1 is using all time (there installed Entware, SWAP, Transmission and all of them were used during that occasion) so router shouldn't turn power off... at the same time, the HDD hibernation option was shut down. Do you have any ideas what could happened else?

Just a wish update following my troubles with the ac3200 on this firmware....

Disabling spanning tree has resolved the issues. I do now remember making this change in another 384 build.

In unclear as to whether this is a firmware bug or issues with perhaps sonos or my virgin hub3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you mind elaborating on this please (ie setting? I don't recall seeing any spanning tree :confused:), as I have same router as you? And I'd like to be able to explore this should this issue occur yet again.
Thanks.

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but, got what I think is a common issue around here. I've done some searching but haven't found an exact solution besides downgrading back to 380.xx.

So, I'm using AC1900P(AC-68U firmware) v384.4_2 and i'm having pretty lousy Wifi speeds. I did a factory reset (Initialize) after I flashed 384.4_2. I've tried changing pretty much all wifi related settings and it doesn't help. I'd rather not downgrade either. I've seen the new alpha's out, might try those, but wanted to post here and get everyone's thoughts first.

Is this just a common thing with the new 384.xx firmware, or just specific to the AC-68U hardware? or maybe even more specific to Ac-1900P?

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but, got what I think is a common issue around here. I've done some searching but haven't found an exact solution besides downgrading back to 380.xx.

So, I'm using AC1900P(AC-68U firmware) v384.4_2 and i'm having pretty lousy Wifi speeds. I did a factory reset (Initialize) after I flashed 384.4_2. I've tried changing pretty much all wifi related settings and it doesn't help. I'd rather not downgrade either. I've seen the new alpha's out, might try those, but wanted to post here and get everyone's thoughts first.

Is this just a common thing with the new 384.xx firmware, or just specific to the AC-68U hardware? or maybe even more specific to Ac-1900P?
Have a look at these 60 pages: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-on-the-t-mobile-tm-ac1900.43278/page-62#post-397941

I have the AC1900P. No WiFi issues when I was on 384.4_2. Running the 384.5_alpha2 now.

Are your issues on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? Apple devices? I find my Apple devices prefer lower 5ghz channels.

Disabled universal beamformimg on 5ghz? Disabled beamforming entirely on 2.4ghz? You probably have, just something to check. Forget the WiFi connection on your devices and reconnect them?

I have the AC1900P. No WiFi issues when I was on 384.4_2. Running the 384.5_alpha2 now.

Are your issues on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? Apple devices? I find my Apple devices prefer lower 5ghz channels.

Disabled universal beamformimg on 5ghz? Disabled beamforming entirely on 2.4ghz? You probably have, just something to check. Forget the WiFi connection on your devices and reconnect them?
Ehh, I don't have any apple devices. Also, both 5 and 2.4ghz.

I haven't actually tried disabling beam forming, I really don't know how much it would help, all my wifi devices are pretty new(2016&newer).

Also worth noting, my internet speeds are 100/100mbps. I'm getting around 18/12mbps on 5ghz.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Ehh, I don't have any apple devices. Also, both 5 and 2.4ghz.

I haven't actually tried disabling beam forming, I really don't know how much it would help, all my wifi devices are pretty new(2016&newer).

Also worth noting, my internet speeds are 100/100mbps. I'm getting around 18/12mbps on 5ghz.

Might try disabling universal on 5ghz. Leave Ac Beamforming enabled.

On 2.4ghz, disable both. Worth a shot.

You could also try the 384.5_alpha2. I’m running it and it’s very stable.

Might try disabling universal on 5ghz. Leave Ac Beamforming enabled.

On 2.4ghz, disable both. Worth a shot.

You could also try the 384.5_alpha2. I’m running it and it’s very stable.
Thanks. Seemed to work for me. I didn't catch any beamforming changes in the changelog , but I also just skimmed.

Thanks. Seemed to work for me. I didn't catch any beamforming changes in the changelog , but I also just skimmed.

Great news!

Universal Beamforming can sometimes mess with your WiFi connection. Don’t think Merlin touches it. If there were any changes, would be by Asus.

Glad it’s working for you now! :)

Haven't read it all, but, worth noting I don't have the TM version.

Happy that you solved it and sorry that I have been quite unclear, I know you dont have this very router, but there are many reporting problems with wifi in the >380 releases especially 2G.

Me included with both 86U and 68U and still did not find any solution for it.
Maybe some new strange incompatibility with my Intel 8265 (tried all possible drivers and OS Win10/7x32x64), sometimes going down from 130Mbps to even under 1Mbps, ping still in time but transfer rate seems to stop for some seconds periodically and sooo slow.
After turning wifi off and an on again or PC sleep most times it is solved for some minutes to come back again after undefinded time.
Beamforming makes no differences it that.
Old slow USB-wifi stick is much faster all the time.

after i upgraded firmware to 384.4_2, is my Asus AC88U losing write access on USB HardDrive? It giving error said "
Operation not supported.” when create file and move file. all i can do access is delete file only?

after i upgraded firmware to 384.4_2, is my Asus AC88U losing write access on USB HardDrive? It giving error said "
Operation not supported.” when create file and move file. all i can do access is delete file only?
do you have it on USB3.0 and before you had enabled USB3.0 interference reduction, so at the end you had it working as USB2.0.
Upgrade changed it by default to disable (so its real USB3.0 now but not working anymore).

do you have it on USB3.0 and before you had enabled USB3.0 interference reduction, so at the end you had it working as USB2.0.
Upgrade changed it by default to disable (so its real USB3.0 now but not working anymore).

my drive is usb3.0 and i checked in admin panel its "Reducing USB 3.0 interference” ON..do i change it to OFF?

my drive is usb3.0 and i checked in admin panel its "Reducing USB 3.0 interference” ON..do i change it to OFF?
What type of drive is it and which port is it attached to (USB3 or USB2)?

The 'Reducing USB 3.0 interference' set to ON causes the USB3 port to try and run as USB2. Some real USB3 drives don't like this, so it should be set to OFF if you are having problems.

try on USB3 and set it to off (so acting as real USB3.0)
if it doesnt work try on USB2.0 port.

I updated the firmware from the "Legacy" version, and everything was going OK for the last 2 week until today I realised that my MBP does not detect 5GHz channels (Late 2008), and it seems that the Wifi region is set to China (CN) but I'm from Spain, and it does not let me choose channels over 140, but it was possible with "Legacy" FW. I mean, thanks for your hard work, but when i read the "Actual" FW notes i cannot see anything referring to "Wifi Regions are locked from now on and you will loose half of the channels", and this should be somewhere warned with big letters. What are my possibilities now? Flashing an EU CFE will do the trick or should i go back to Legacy FW?
I really need the 5Ghz channel back, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, i got it working again. A hard reset on the outer did the trick.

Last edited:
What type of drive is it and which port is it attached to (USB3 or USB2)?

The 'Reducing USB 3.0 interference' set to ON causes the USB3 port to try and run as USB2. Some real USB3 drives don't like this, so it should be set to OFF if you are having problems.

USB 3.0 drive connect to USB3 port. i did tested on OFF still not work =/

try on USB3 and set it to off (so acting as real USB3.0)
if it doesnt work try on USB2.0 port.

Still not work…=/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!