What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a complete power cycle = disconnet power for 10 sec. and reconnect ?
Yep, should be always done when upgrading firmware - as discussed here! :rolleyes:

Just updated my RT-AC88U to 384.4. Did a reset and everything seems to work perfectly.

I had to adjust the time:
UK5etz5.png

This is how it should be corrected:
lhubGb2.png

I disabled the 5Ghz on my Router, shouldn't the Smart Connect be automatically disabled ?
Pa1rLpx.png

I always disable UPnP on my router, but what is Secure UPnP mode and why exactly is it secure ?
QdVTapa.png

I always disable UPnP on my router, but what is Secure UPnP mode and why exactly is it secure ?
QdVTapa.png

I’m pretty sure secure UPnP mode only allows devices to set and remove port forwarding to their own ip addresses. Attempting to add or remove a forward for a different IP address will fail.

@RMerlin Everytime a vpnclient is restarted i notice this in error log:

Code:
ovpn-client2[3077]: ERROR: Linux route delete command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

Get same error for vpn client1 as well.

and noticed this to, not got a clue what it means but thought i would post it, seems to do with QoS, i had QoS enabled yesterday but then disabled it yesterday but just spotted this.

Code:
Mar 17 10:32:16 kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!
Mar 17 10:32:16 kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!
Mar 17 10:35:10 kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!
Mar 17 10:35:10 kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!
Mar 17 10:35:14 kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!
Mar 17 10:35:14 kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!

When QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor is enabled are the download/upload meters wrong way round? when streaming over internet to my media box it shows in upload bandwidth meter not download bandwidth meter.

EDIT: QoS bandwitdh monitor meters must be wrong way around as QoS stats show it in downloads but those meters are showing wrong way around.

Last edited:
AC87: Client list on the network map page, has a problem with 5GHz devices, apparently, because it shows my phone under wired devices, when it is connected to 5GHz. Also shows 0 devices on 5GHz at the same time.
Hm, I get 19/6 from when running speedtest, but if I turn on QoS I only get 6/6. Is this expected behaviour?

Last edited:
AC87: Client status on the network map page, has a problem with 5GHz devices, apparently, because it shows my phone under wired devices, when it is connected to 5GHz. Also shows 0 devices on 5GHz at the same time.
Hm, I get 19/6 from when running speedtest, but if I turn on QoS I only get 6/6. Is this expected behaviour?
87U here, similar. Two android devices and a chromebook show as wired whether on 2.4 or 5ghz. Same for a Windows laptop on 5ghz.

Sorry....but since updating from official 3.0.0.4.384.20379 to 3.84.4 I have constant dropouts....have reinstalled 3 times via cable with manual reboots. between. Just keeps "hanging"...never happened before on any 380 Merlin-branch or the official 20379.....
Any suggestions..........

No, in the EU you should choose the 5th Sunday, which has the special meaning of the last Sunday of the month. In 2018 it doesn't make a difference, but in 2019 it does.
Thanks for the information, now I set both to the 5th.

Still having issues with my IPSec VPN, everyday or two, I must reboot the router to get it return to a functional state. Prior to the reboot it simply stops accepting connections.

Just yesterday I added the vpn to a device. Verified it worked and today when attempting to show a family member how to use it. It was frozen again, once a reboot was preformed, the connection proceeded as expected.

Of note I was unable to login to the GUI to do a reboot, I had to ssh into it and reboot the router. The GUI would not connect to any pages past the main page. (login)

*I never had the VPN issues (OpenVpn) prior to 384 series.

Last edited:
Thank you for continuing to support the RT-AC87U.

I've upgraded from 380.69.2 and all seems to be working well.

I also see that 5Ghz devices are listed as wired connections in network map but it's not an issue for me.

no I don't have Force Master Browser enabled, this disabled by default and I also didn't have the two main toggle on top (which is off).

Then I have no idea how Samba could be running on your router, since the only things that can start it is if sharing is enabled, Browser Master is forced on, or WINS is enabled.

Am I doing something wrong or could it be a bug?

I'll have to take a look, might have been broken when Asus updated minidlna to the latest version.

I have a quick question, I've read we need to restore factory default. Would restoring my NVRAM cause any issues?

Yes, because that would completely reverse the effect of doing a factory default reset, you'd be reapplying all the same settings.

Everytime a vpnclient is restarted i notice this in error log:

That's normal when you enable policy routing mode, because the policy handling will remove the default routes pushed by your provider.

and noticed this to, not got a clue what it means but thought i would post it, seems to do with QoS, i had QoS enabled yesterday but then disabled it yesterday but just spotted this.

No idea what the message means. It's from the Trend Micro DPI engine.

AC87: Client list on the network map page, has a problem with 5GHz devices

Known issue which has been mentionned many times. Asus will have to fix it, networkmap code is now closed source.

Still having issues with my IPSec VPN, everyday or two, I must reboot the router to get it return to a functional state. Prior to the reboot it simply stops accepting connections.

Make sure it's not your DDNS/IP not getting updated correctly.

Make sure it's not your DDNS/IP not getting updated correctly.

Its not the problem, :(

I have had the same IP for several months now and its something I always check to be sure. DDNS client is ASUS and it works perfectly. When I am out of town the wife can simple toggle the vpn off and on and all goes back to working.

I will keep looking for issues.

I just popped over to the AI protection page and noticed several malicious attempts this morning. Only problem I noticed.

87U here, similar. Two android devices and a chromebook show as wired whether on 2.4 or 5ghz. Same for a Windows laptop on 5ghz.
I have now for a long time a similar problem with my RT-AC56 Repeater. It shows on my list as a wired device. But this is a small bug.

3Imq76j.png

More problems on the AC-3200 from family... multiple devices...

I ended up backing off to 384.4 beta 3 and the issues seem resolved.

I had previously factory reset on 384.x (I think x=4, though may have been .3 .. both beta).

Anyone else having issues with the 3200 on the latest update. the symptoms seem to include
- able to connect to 5 Ghz, but no data throughput
- incorrect password despite using correct password

2.4Ghz looks ok

Had to revert back to 384.3, did a complete factory reset, NVRAM reset and now port forwarding seems to be broken and still high CPU utilization, this being on the 3200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!