What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
384.4_1 test builds have been uploaded to https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds, addressing two security issues related to the webui. I'll provide more details once I officially push 384.4_2 out in the coming days. In the mean time I'd advise people to upgrade, and to validate that there are no odd issues with their webui with this test build.
Upgraded right over 384.4 and everything is well thus far. Is that fine? No reset needed? Thanks Eric.

AC3200, no issues with latest version. I also didn't have any issues migrating off 380.69 to 384.4 follow by reset to factory default.

just start and do, you can connect to each seperately by choosing its WiFi, start with differen SSID so no problem, or turn off one and you can set the other one.
Begin with router, than do AP, but really, completely irrelevant.
After update use reset to factory defaults with initialize and/or reset button some seconds on backside while turned on, make pictures of all settings/pages, would be easier if you cant remember settings.
I would wait for 384.5 comming soon.

Thanks! I will wait for 384.5!

Well, looks like my 5300 reset did not live through the night. Either from some bug somewhere or it was introduced after updating to the latest merlin test build.

I do think it is yielding light on the subject, as a large portion of my issues always seemed to happen after waking in the AM, or rather happened usually between 2 and 6 am.

VPN, refusing to start, HTTP page hangs, its all just like it was. :(

Upgraded right over 384.4 and everything is well thus far. Is that fine? No reset needed? Thanks Eric.

That's correct. The changes were only two security fixes in httpd, and one minor fix to the HTML code.

I would wait for 384.5 comming soon.

384.5 won't be finalized for 2 or 3 months, so definitely not "soon".

That's correct. The changes were only two security fixes in httpd, and one minor fix to the HTML code

Thanks Eric. Everything is running really well. Haven’t seen anything odd. Thank you for the security patches.

384.4_2 is now available for download (just give it a few mins for mirrors to fully update).

Changelog:

Code:
384.4_2 (24-Mar-2018)
   - CHANGED: Added visual warning when manually enabling webui
              access on WAN.  Doing so carries serious potential
              security risks, as Asuswrt's web server code should
              not be considered hardened enough for this.
   - FIXED: Security issue in httpd (CVE-2018-8879).
   - FIXED: Potential security issue in httpd related to QiS.
   - FIXED: Minor webui issue in the QoS overhead menu.

Source code and further details will be provided in a day or two, as I want to give people a chance to update first.

Just updated and ran out the door to go see the new pacific rim!! Im stoked lol

Firefox broke something with SSL when they moved to the Quantum engine, and things seem to have gotten even worse with their recent release. Not sure what happened, so far the only 100% working solution that I've found is to generate your own CA + signed certificate, and to import the CA into the trusted CA store. I suspect that Firefox is trying to validate something with the self-signed certificate (and failing miserably at doing so).

Just FYI, I am using Firefox 59.0.1 in Windows 7 Pro. I can browse using HTTPS fine on my RT-AC68U ( https://router.asus.com:8443/index.asp ). I am just using what certificate you generate by default. Now, I usually go in and clear out old certificates first.

YcLLq9B.png

And then:

F8ulps2.png

When I browse to the page, I click the Advanced button and grant a permanent exception. Now then, I do have both HTTP and HTTPS enabled. I normally do connect with HTTP though.

When I browse to the page, I click the Advanced button and grant a permanent exception. Now then, I do have both HTTP and HTTPS enabled. I normally do connect with HTTP though.

Correct, that workaround seems to work most of the time. Still would love to know what's the real underlying issue, since Chrome also suffers from problems (albeit slightly different ones).

And neither browser shows any issue whatsoever since I generated my own CA + signed cert, and imported the CA in my trusted store. That's why I suspect the issue lies somewhere in the validation scheme, which might be skipped when the certificate is signed by a trusted CA.

sorry, almost off topic :p
Is it possible to solve this contrast? It creates some confusion?

s.1521922260.jpg

Thank You.

Just installed 384.4_2 over 384.4_0 and now QOS seems to be broken. I disabled QOS then rebooted then re-enabled QOS and same issue.

Bandwidth monitor barely shows any traffic. I stream TV via Sling and Xfinity's streaming app so I should be seeing continuous download traffic of around 4 Mbps. Also, the QOS classification pie chart seems to be classifying everything as Net Control Packets.

See attached screen captures.

UPDATE:
No ... the Upload and Download stats seem to be reversed. They were correct on 384.4_0.

UPDATE 2:
I was streaming with Xfinity's streaming app on my Roku and it doesn't look like traffic streamed with that app is classified properly. When I switch back to SlingTV the traffic was recognized correctly.

Bottom line ... false alarm. It's an issue with the way the Xfinity app is streaming.
RT-AC68U

Attachments

• Bandwidth_Monitor.JPG
    Bandwidth_Monitor.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 597
  • QOS_Statistics.JPG
    QOS_Statistics.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 630
  • QOS_Stats_Upload.JPG
    QOS_Stats_Upload.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Just installed 384.4_2 over 384.4_0 and now QOS seems to be broken. I disabled QOS then rebooted then re-enabled QOS and same issue.

Bandwidth monitor barely shows any traffic. I stream TV via Sling and Xfinity's streaming app so I should be seeing continuous download traffic of around 4 Mbps. Also, the QOS classification pie chart seems to be classifying everything as Net Control Packets.

See attached screen captures.

RT-AC68U
You may need to wait until your devices get new DHCP leases after the upgrade - I'm at the same point currently and that has been the issue previously.

EDIT: I just ran a speed test using my iPhone which is listed in the DHCP log and its traffic registers on the QoS stats

EDIT: Following your update I just downloaded a 1Gb file and the stats on my RT-AC68U are correctly assigning it to download

Last edited:
Installed 384.4_2 on AC3100 working as expected. Thanks for your work Merlin. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried checking for an update on my AC88U with 384.4, but it spins for about 30 seconds and then says there isn't any.

Updated to 384.4_2 without issues.

I noticed today while I was still on 384.4 that the 5 GHz Wi-Fi range for my iPhone 7 Plus isn’t as good as it used to be. The rx speeds keep dropping down to 150 Mbps when I’m only about 20 feet from my router with 1 wall. The tx speed is around 300 Mbps. Even next to the router the tx speed doesn’t go above 420 Mbps.

My older iPad Air 2 gets around 400/400 in the same location and up to 800/800 next to the router. I’m not sure why the newer iPhone is having an issue all the sudden.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to see the entire site survey list? The UI only shows 15 entries and intermixes 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. I’m trying to find the least used 5 GHz near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online