What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, thats the way asus things are working or not ...
maybe no solution except downgrade
maybe factory reset, format drive a.s.o. could sometimes be helpful.
My USB stick made problems as well, but now on USB2.0 i got it working finaly.

When I manually select the wifi channel on either band, it won't change. It stays on the previous channel. The only way the channel will change to the new one I selected, is if I reboot the router. Is this a known bug? This happens with stock fw and merlin fw.

Last edited:
I posted this over on the AB-Solution thread but I don't think there are many eyes over there so I thought I would post here.

With AB-Solution turned on, when I am on 2.4ghz SSID, domains are blocked correctly.
But
When I connect to 5.0ghz SSID, domains are not blocked.

Any thoughts?

When I manually select the wifi channel on either band, it won't change. It stays on the previous channel. The only way the channel will change to the new one I selected, is if I reboot the router. Is this a known bug? This happens with stock fw and merlin fw.
known problem I posted it about 4 weeks ago and left feedback to asus on router, but no response at all!

To make it a bit easier you can change and then turn off wifi and on again is faster than a reboot.

Related only to 86U !!! on 68U still working fine ...

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp...d_id=11&model=RT-AC86U&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Last edited:
Hello, a few days ago I got the purchase of the AC86U. I have put the latest available version of RMerlin, my question is where you can regulate the power of wifi. If someone knows and says I would appreciate it since I do not give with the option. I come from the 87U and it changes the interface a lot.

regards!!!!

Hello, a few days ago I got the purchase of the AC86U. I have put the latest available version of RMerlin, my question is where you can regulate the power of wifi. If someone knows and says I would appreciate it since I do not give with the option. I come from the 87U and it changes the interface a lot.

regards!!!!

If it is the Tx power adjustment you are looking for this will help

iPfdflG.png

Hey guys

I have disabled all beam forming in 2.4 and 5ghz bands, I did this as it seemed to be recommended by a few on here, is that still the case?

I have quite a few devices on wifi, old and new. Can't say I have noticed any difference with these features enabled or disabled so left them disabled apart from explicit beam forming on 5ghz which is enabled still.

I have the latest Merlin and I don't have that TX power adjustment.
No tengo esa opción
atwuja.png
The same happens to me
Do not worry about the power settings: since the lock down based on the FCC rules in the newer firmware, it does not work anymore! :eek:

The routers now manages the power at a minimum by themselves and the owner cannot influence it - even when you see the power slider it will do nothing for you in respect of WIFI transmission power! :oops:

Last edited:
Thanks joegreat did not know this.

The same happens to me

The option is only available within certain regions, based on local regulations.

No, nothing I can do about (nor would I want to either).

I have disabled all beam forming in 2.4 and 5ghz bands, I did this as it seemed to be recommended by a few on here, is that still the case?

Yes, particularly implicit (or Universal) beamforming, as quite a few clients are not compatible with it.

it wont - maybe on your 87U, but he asked for 86U !

... and it totally disappeard on RT-AC86U internat. version, no slider no fun ...
on 68U it is there but without any function like joegreat wrote, with slider no fun as well ...

Last edited:
Yes, particularly implicit (or Universal) beamforming, as quite a few clients are not compatible with it.

Thank's, would you advise to just leave 5ghz implicit beamforming enabled still?
Think its named differently under 5ghz professional tab.

Thank's, would you advise to just leave 5ghz implicit beamforming enabled still?

No, disable implicit on both. Only keep explicit/802.11ac beamforming enabled, on the 5 GHz band.

Running 384.4_2 on an AC-68u. Upgraded fine, initialized to stock, then reapplied all my settings from screenshots.

Everything functions, but the network map listing shows many of my wireless clients as connected via ethernet. I believe they are on my guest network, all IOT devices I try to keep away from my intranet. Not a big deal, but does anyone else have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!