What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As Morac has said before, the buffers and cached numbers aren't growing, while free memory continues to drop.

You’re right. I replied before scrolling back and I know I’ve read that before, just didn’t remember if it was Morac.

Does the networkmap process seem the right size? Also what is “mastiff”?

Asusnatunnel, there is an option to disable it and I think someone has already suggested it earlier in this thread.

Asusnatunnel, there is an option to disable it and I think someone has already suggested it earlier in this thread.
Yes but in a response to my system log being spammed with the following error:
Code:
 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan4000 with own address as source address
And it didn't help, unfortunately.

Nope, at least not manually set. I have uPnP enabled.

And using some kind of P2P application?

There was a similar case where port forwarding was enabled for a port used for torrenting, peer discovery/DHT was enabled so the torrenting software basically discovered itself and started peering with itself.

Hi people. Really appreciate the work RMerlin does.

I have a question regarding OpenVPN Server functionality in NG 384.5.
I recently moved from legacy branch to NG as per instructions, (via R7000_380.70_0.zip and with full factory reset and re-configure)

I have configured - Client will use VPN to access - as: LAN only
I've exported and re-imported a new .ovpn config to clients. There was virtually no change to this file, just a change to a cipher option, and keys.

My OpenVPN clients eg. iPhone connect fine, but can no longer access other machines on LAN, eg. 192.168.1.x. The route appears to be there via 10.x.x.x but perhaps a firewall is blocking traffic?
I've ensured all other settings are the same as previous firmware, but I notice in the changelog notes: "Removed Firewall setting - you can now use the postconf script to override it".

I've scoured many forums for ideas, does anyone have any advice please? What am I missing?

Thanks.

I recently moved from legacy branch to NG as per instructions, (via R7000_380.70_0.zip and with full factory reset and re-configure)

I've exported and re-imported a new .ovpn config to clients. There was virtually no change to this file, just a change to a cipher option, and keys.

My OpenVPN clients eg. iPhone connect fine, but can no longer access other machines on LAN, eg. 192.168.1.x. The route appears to be there via 10.x.x.x but perhaps a firewall is blocking traffic?
I've ensured all other settings are the same as previous firmware, but I notice in the changelog notes: "Removed Firewall setting - you can now use the postconf script to override it".

I've scoured many forums for ideas, does anyone have any advice please? What am I missing?

Thanks.
I am not sure I was trying to fix that issue, but perhaps yes, and I had to add to nat-start "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s "10.8.0.0/24" -j MASQUERADE"

Last edited:

Thanks.
Read This https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...d-forks-on-non-asus-devices-is-illegal.44636/

I am on official firmware of 382.50624, do I need to flash any of merlin 380 or earlier 384 (like 384.22) before I move to 384.5?

I am on official firmware of 382.50624, do I need to flash any of merlin 380 or earlier 384 (like 384.22) before I move to 384.5?
On which router? The AC68U need an intermediate flash to 378.55 to update the CFE ("BIOS") and to re-partition the NVRAM.

Anyway: Do not forget to factory reset the router AFTER the update!

Last edited:
On which router? The AC68U need an intermediate flash to 380.55 to update the CFE ("BIOS") and to re-partition the NVRAM.

Anyway: Do not forget to factory reset the router AFTER the update - how to do this is explained here.

On AC56U

flash to 380.55 to update the CFE
380.55 does not exist .
378.55 is the good version to update the CFE for the partition size, only if someone is coming from 376.xx and below or Tomato, but if coming from 382 version , no need.

Last edited:
I have some more bugs, changing the VPN Client IP (loading a new profile) removes all the routing in the GUI.
Afterwords all is messed up. The rules seem to be working, but the GUI is not showing anything and disabling, enabling stuff causes complete randomness. i.e. adding an local IP to be bypassed to WAN (like the router) causes all the network to be routed to the WAN, no matter what is selected.
I tried resetting to default (via Initialize) and then adding the saved configs - issues are again there

I have some more bugs, changing the VPN Client IP (loading a new profile) removes all the routing in the GUI.
Afterwords all is messed up. The rules seem to be working, but the GUI is not showing anything and disabling, enabling stuff causes complete randomness. i.e. adding an local IP to be bypassed to WAN (like the router) causes all the network to be routed to the WAN, no matter what is selected.
I tried resetting to default (via Initialize) and then adding the saved configs - issues are again there
You shouldn’t add the saved config, because it defeats the purpose of initializing the router to default. Have to enter everything manually, after the factory reset.

I know! Bcs. it's used!!! E.g. for caching purposes - as long as you do not reach >90% used, you are fine! :rolleyes:
Stop worrying about something that is not a problem - it works like it should! :oops:
You are right! Used RAM memory just dropped from 77% to 68% and I did not do anything different .... Tks! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!