What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

it is the system log before the router is starting up there is a whold lot of them then the startup for the router info is logging, I get it on every power on and I clear the logs before I power off. it is just strange that something from shieldsup is trying to access and gets dropped.
nothing is running from there on any device.
do not know what it is or doing.
thanks

Firewall? Looks like IPtables logging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my AC88U temperature issue, does it look like a hardware problem?
I tried several different versions and the results are all the same.

# wl -i eth1 phy_tempsense
wl: Unsupported

Another strange problem is no result under the Wireless > Site Survey table. I tried both of scan modes but just got nothing.

Nov 14 02:15:40 rc_service: httpd 537:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Nov 14 02:20:48 rc_service: httpd 537:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Nov 14 02:21:35 rc_service: httpd 537:notify_rc restart_wlcscan

Is there any commands for me to further check with my AC88U?
Because I'm not sure if I should take it to ASUS unless it can be proven as a hardware failure.
Many thanks.

For my AC88U temperature issue, does it look like a hardware problem?
I tried several different versions and the results are all the same.

wl: Unsupported

Another strange problem is no result under the Wireless > Site Survey table. I tried both of scan modes but just got nothing.

Nov 14 02:15:40 rc_service: httpd 537:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Nov 14 02:20:48 rc_service: httpd 537:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Nov 14 02:21:35 rc_service: httpd 537:notify_rc restart_wlcscan

Is there any commands for me to further check with my AC88U?
Because I'm not sure if I should take it to ASUS unless it can be proven as a hardware failure.
Many thanks.

What does it show when you use stock Asus firmware? If it still the same then it may be a hardware issue.

What does it show when you use stock Asus firmware? If it still the same then it may be a hardware issue.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I cross check with the official firmware, it works...

53 (0x35)
# wl -i eth2 phy_tempsense
58 (0x3a)

I could not check the site survey as it's not on the UI and I don't know how to check it in command line.

The stock firmware version is 3.0.0.4.380_3941-g27d8adf

I just flashed 380.63_2 over .63, and update was fast and uneventful.

Thank You RMerlin and other contributors!

do not know if this was going on before but after flashing _2 I have this about 50+ times in the beginning of the system log. if may be from my isp as the dest is theirs but the 4 that is trying to connect is from grc.com sheildsup, and no idea why it is trying to connect to me. anyone else see this or know what it is?

Sep 10 10:41:59 kernel: DROP IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=f0:79:59:e4:78:10:00:17:10:90:fe:39:08:00 SRC=4.79.142.206 DST=173.25.39.30 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=228 ID=61440 PROTO=TCP SPT=44372 DPT=744 SEQ=426181439 ACK=0 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (020405B4)
Sep 10 10:41:59 kernel: DROP IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=f0:79:59:e4:78:10:00:17:10:90:fe:39:08:00 SRC=4.79.142.206 DST=173.25.39.30 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=228 ID=61440 PROTO=TCP SPT=44372 DPT=745 SEQ=3780609620 ACK=0 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (020405B4)
Sep 10 10:41:59 kernel: DROP IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=f0:79:59:e4:78:10:00:17:10:90:fe:39:08:00 SRC=4.79.142.206 DST=173.25.39.30 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=228 ID=61440 PROTO=TCP SPT=44372 DPT=746 SEQ=812212757 ACK=0 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (020405B4)

Those entries are from 2 months ago. You probably ran a port scan at that time.

After flashing on my RT-AC87U with 380.63_2 I am getting random reboots.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 815
Last edited:
@RMerlin
-CHANGED: Enabled --dns-loop-detect

Can you elaborate on this one?
Has there been issues with this in the past?
Now my 5ghz seems to be working ok with my lg g4 without dns dropouts (only ever accured on the 5ghz band).

I thaught that these types of protections where standard on routers now adays.

Im just curious :)

But it seems to have been doing something good.

Running AC87U.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

still does not make sense as I have recreated the logs even moved to
a new flash stick and clear the startup logs after flashing.
so where would it be storing it? as it has come up after every power on where there should be nothing, as I have turned off logging.
just seems odd.
thanks

Those entries are from 2 months ago. You probably ran a port scan at that time.

Not sure if it's just me, but I have a lot of problems recently upgrading the firmware. As in, I apply the firmware, it reboots, and it's still on the old firmware.

I've tried:
- Different browsers (IE, Chrome, FireFox, Edge, Safari)
- Different pc's
- LAN vs WiFi
- Incognito Mode
- Reboot prior to upgrade
- Switch off, removed USB, reboot prior to upgrade

Eventually, maybe with some luck and just doing a rinse & repeat, I get it working..
It's a bit of a relief knowing I'm not alone with this issue on my AC87U. It started when I was trying to flash the 380.63 beta. I've tried the exact same things you have, and more, with no luck.

I did get help, after some time, to use mtd-write2 just like you have to. It's still the only way I can upgrade/downgrade any 380.63 version, beta or not beta. And I've yet to read any explanation why this happens or if it will be fixed.

still does not make sense as I have recreated the logs even moved to
a new flash stick and clear the startup logs after flashing.
so where would it be storing it? as it has come up after every power on where there should be nothing, as I have turned off logging.
just seems odd.
thanks

I have something similar on my RT-AC68U (I don't use a USB stick). I save the log file after every flash and then clear it. The last log file has DHCP assignments in it going back to April even though I cleared it when I flashed 380.62 in September. I don't know where it stores it but it keeps finding old stuff somewhere. I've just stopped worrying about it LOL.

Yep, it would surprise me too, but it could just be Traffic Analysis itself. Anyway, let's see what the next 24 hours brings! Next I can try stopping QoS then AiProtection...!
After 2 1/2 days uptime. Think I can say for sure it was Traffic Analysis that was causing the router to reboot, with nothing in log, in under 24 hours.

I checked all GUI pages. Everything seems fluid and OK.
The only page where there is a jam is:
"Wireless MAC Filter" - Band 5GHz

s.2016-11-13 22.29.05.jpg

Sometimes it does not load the page and even doing more tests it also happens that the router crashes.

Let me explain how to reproduce the problem:
From: "Wireless-General Band 2.4 GHz" scroll one by one all the pages:
WPS, WDS, Wireless MAC Filter, RADIUS Setting, Professional, Survey
then, come back to Wireless-General and change Band to 5GHz and scroll through all the previous pages again.
At the "Wireless MAC Filter" - Band 5GHz I have the issue.

In reality this problem existed also with previous versions, but today I found time to report it.
I do not know if Merlin can do something.

I just tried this and I see a 1-2 sec delay before the Wireless MAC filter tabs opens is that what you are talking about?

i'm using FF also.

The only page where there is a jam is:
"Wireless MAC Filter" - Band 5GHz
The format of the mac filter nvram data was changed a while back. If you didn't do a factory reset and have the old data format it can cause problems. Try clearing out the variables with (this covers all models and firmware)
Code:
nvram unset wl_maclist
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram unset wl2_maclist
nvram unset wl_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.1_maclist
nvram unset wl1.1_maclist
nvram unset wl2.1_maclist
nvram unset wl0.2_maclist
nvram unset wl1.2_maclist
nvram unset wl2.2_maclist
nvram unset wl0.3_maclist
nvram unset wl1.3_maclist
nvram unset wl2.3_maclist
nvram unset wl0.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.3_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.3_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.3_maclist_x

nvram commit
EDIT: You will need to re-enter your MAC filter data.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the RT-AC87U will not update from 380.63_1 to 380.63_2. It remains on 380.63_1 despite going to 100%.
No issues with the RT-AC68U except needing a physical reboot after the update.

Can you elaborate on this one?

It's just an option in dnsmasq. The firmware itself doesn't use it, it's for people with custom configurations who want to enable this dnsmasq option. See the dnsmaq manual for more info - I don't know the details myself about this option.

3 days uptime now Traffic Analysis is off on my AC87U. The router could not stay up for more than 24 hours with TA on.

RMerlin, is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to narrow down the problem?

3 days uptime now Traffic Analysis is off on my AC87U. The router could not stay up for more than 24 hours with TA on.

RMerlin, is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to narrow down the problem?
same on my 87u. I think that is AIProtection bug

Yes, I saw your earlier post. I saw exactly the same thing as you - repeatedly, a hard reset in the log with no visible error message after 20-24 hours.

But here, if AIProtection is involved, it's an interaction with Traffic Analysis. Turning off Traffic Analysis has fixed it here. QoS and AIProtection are still enabled.

If most are not seeing this I suppose it's possible that my 2nd AC87U in AP mode could be a contributor. Doesn't sound likely, but possible.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!