What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Upgraded my RT-AC1900P from 380.64_2 to 380.65
No issues at all, GUI seems snappier (quicker) then ever, Great work!

Hi, i use the new firmware on my rt-ac6u. All works fine, but copying files from my nas, the transfer rate went down from 10mb/s to 5mb/s on 5Ghz. On 2,4 Ghz the same - half of the Transfer rate than before. Any ideas?

Hi, i use the new firmware on my rt-ac6u. All works fine, but copying files from my nas, the transfer rate went down from 10mb/s to 5mb/s on 5Ghz. On 2,4 Ghz the same - half of the Transfer rate than before. Any ideas?
What is your NAS model? Have you tried restarting NAS, router and device you copy files from? Have you tried using LAN connection to NAS?

My nephew uses Merlin on his Asus RT5300, he has iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro and an iMac desktop, he has no problem with the GUI on Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

I've had issues with the webui for a long time. And it's not only Apple-devices, it's also when using Chrome and Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 desktop computer. I've simply gotten used to the webui being fiddly at best.

I've had issues with the webui for a long time. And it's not only Apple-devices, it's also when using Chrome and Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 desktop computer. I've simply gotten used to the webui being fiddly at best.

I don't know what to tell you, I use Win10 64bit on 2 laptops and 2 desktops , the only place I see some slowness is on the "Tools" page and that only happens with access by HTTPS . Opera, Chrome , IE11 and Cyberfox the GUI is fine.

After update, my NVRAM free space decreases!!
Every time I try to remove an entry from MAC address filter list, it dosent disappear and NVRAM free space gets smaller!

Any advice?

Thank you! So if the Trend Micro stuff is disabled, it serves no function whatsoever?
If you have both Trend Micro and Adaptive QoS off, it severs no function. Note that Adaptive QoS uses Trend Micro engine.

After update, my NVRAM free space decreases!!
Every time I try to remove an entry from MAC address filter list, it dosent disappear and NVRAM free space gets smaller!

Any advice?
Restore factory default after several upgrades, or when NVRAM free space gets too small. How much is it now?

2.4 is nothing but a waste land of crap thats basically unusable for most.
when I rule the world, Superman, it will be mandatory to connect to a cjdns meshnet a la hyperboria down there in the 2.4GHz band, as will running a bitcoin node. All solar powered with battery backup, of course.

If you have both Trend Micro and Adaptive QoS off, it severs no function. Note that Adaptive QoS uses Trend Micro engine.

Restore factory default after several upgrades, or when NVRAM free space gets too small. How much is it now?
Now is only 555 bytes left. Yes I can do the restore-factory,..., will this also resolve the problem related with the delete of MAC addresses from the white list?

The " Signature Version " is nothing to do with the firmware or any checking settings , it is the Trend Micro database signature number for the Ai Protection system , it is updated by Asus servers.

Yes, my point however is the web interface may not provide the correct version after update without some help. I reset the page by using a link directly within it and it then displayed the correct version. For me anyway it appears auto-updating signature version isn't working. I also have issues with all browsers displaying correct settings (OpenVPN Client Settings specifically) except Firefox and so my feeling is, for some, the version displayed may be a GUI issue. As of yet I've been unable to straighten the web interface problem out but the firmware seems to be working great.

One thing to try is to go and remove the website data specific to the router: Safari->Preferences->Privacy->Manage Website Data, you can do a search for 192.168.1.1 likely it'll have Cache, Cookies and Local Storage. Select it and then click Remove. Restart Safari and try accessing it again. You'll also want to store the cert when prompted instead of just clicking Continue. What version of Firefox were you running as I had not issues with 51.0.1 on the MacBook Pro either.

Thank you for your suggestion. Safari still runs extremely slow and eventually crashes. The "code in the background" in my image no longer appears. Same FF version

Thank you! So if the Trend Micro stuff is disabled, it serves no function whatsoever?

Correct. Keep in mind that Adaptive QoS is also based on Trend Micro's DPI engine.

Yes, my point however is the web interface may not provide the correct version after update without some help.

Correct. You need to reload the page for the displayed version to refresh.

I was thinking that this could be a reason, but unfortunately at those channels runs almost all wifi networks in my area. I choose channel 8 for 2.4 ghz as it was the cleanest. 5ghz is almost empty so there is no problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The problem with using channel 8 is that it overlaps with both channels 6 and 11 so isn't going to be "clean". Example:
3BUKjrnZC32g.png

If you have an application that you can run on your device that shows all of the broadcasting ID's and their signal strengths you could do a sort on the signal strength and then pick the channel that has the weakest signal strength of the ones closest to you. The above is from Wifi Explorer for Mac.

My RT-AC87U is rebooting at random. Have reverted to 380.64_2.

The problem with using channel 8 is that it overlaps with both channels 6 and 11 so isn't going to be "clean". Example:
3BUKjrnZC32g.png

If you have an application that you can run on your device that shows all of the broadcasting ID's and their signal strengths you could do a sort on the signal strength and then pick the channel that has the weakest signal strength of the ones closest to you. The above is from Wifi Explorer for Mac.
This is how it looks like in my area, my wifi is SDWifi24G - blue one:
Screenshot_2017-02-06-20-15-36.png

So it looks to me the best option.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You want to stick to channels 1, 6, or 11. In the graph above channel 1 looks best. Also in this crowded spectrum a width of 20 might be best...you can do speedtests with width of 20 and 40 to be sure.

I ran into difficulties logging into the web UI in Safari on my macbook Pro after I enabled HTTPS. I found similar difficulties with Firefox and chrome. I finally got it working in Firefox when I go directly to https://192.168.1.1:8443/Main_Login.asp. If you don't specify /Main_login.asp it will not work in any of the three browsers. Perhaps this is common knowledge but I just started using this yesterday :)

Edit: I failed to mention my router is rt–ac68w.

Here is a screenshot of what I was getting in Safari last night.
View attachment 8458
Yes, it worked! Thank you! However, Traffic Monitor is still broken in Safari :( It's a pity Merlin doesn't have Mac to test its firmware :(

Is SITE SURVEY just not possible when Hardware Acceleration is on? RT-AC66U Merlin 380.65

SOLVED!!! / Just needed time. :)

Attachments

• scan.JPG
    scan.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!