What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

U rebooted and re-formatted the JFFS partition. Worked fine for 3-4 sing ins and then the router went here: http://192.168.1.1/update_networkmapd.asp and showed:

fromNetworkmapd = '<0>Margos-MBPro>192.168.1.201>68:5B...xxxxxx....'.replace(/>/g, ">").replace(/</g, "<").split('<');

I deleted the majority of the screen as it showed all of the IP addresses and the device MAC addresses so this looks like a routing table...

Again, intermittent maybe errors 1 time out of 4-5 times

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and saved passwords?

Not sure that's it as I do get logged in...when it goes to the wrong URL I type the routers IP address (192.169.1.1) and I will get to the indexmain screen. So login is working.

I can try clearing cache/passwords in the morning but don't think that is it

Last edited:
Does this work ?

Option on Media Server page to enable minidlna's
built-in status web page. Default URL is
http://router.asus.com:8200 .
I have the setting enabled and have tried that address as well as 192.168.1.1:8200 with no success.

I read the first (4) pages and also searched "media", "mediadlna", and "8200" with no hits... so hopefully I didn't miss it

Keep in mind that the issues all started after I enabled HTTPS (encrypted) communications with the router. If your nephew is using the default HTTP (clear text) communications I would anticipate he would have no problems with any of his devices.

He uses HTTPS as I do on my AC3200.

Thanks for this update, it mostly runs smoothly!

Just my 2 cents: I find that the Tor status page no longer works (reliably) It shows Tor "Disabled", while it works normally, and the enable / disable action does not work. Nor can I add / change assigned Mac addresses. (the pull down is empty and I can't type in the box)
I am not sure if this is a new bug in this release, I haven't had the need to stop Tor in a while...

Second, this was the first update that ctually required me to manually reboot the router. I'd gotten quite used to not needing to do that, so I updated remotely. (I know, my bad)
[EDIT] This is on an RT-AC68U[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Hmm...download of RT-AC68U_380.65_0.zip (mediafire) don't work..(RT-AC68U_380.64_2 download works fine ??)

It works perfectly okay for me , just downloaded that .zip in 13 seconds.

You can always use the other 2 mirrors.

After factory reset same problem,..., only a few bytes left in NVRAM and delete mac addresses in MAC address filter is not possible :(
SOLVED!!! After all, I've all my maclist entries in NVRAM messed up! Don't know why bat all of them should only contain the MAC addr but in my router also contains DEVICE NAME and a lot of #23#44#45 etc (mambo jambo :eek:).
I've used command line NVRAM tool to replace with the correct values! All working fine now!

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
AC87U:
If I try to change the channel to something manual in the 2.4 Ghz realm the router tells me:
"The Country Code is not exist! Please enter Country Code."
http://i.imgur.com/0jCXQ2J.png

Log:
Feb 7 13:26:25 kernel: br0: port 2(eth1) entering forwarding state
Feb 7 13:26:25 kernel: device eth1 left promiscuous mode
Feb 7 13:26:25 kernel: br0: port 2(eth1) entering disabled state
Feb 7 13:26:27 kernel: wl_module_init: passivemode set to 0x0
Feb 7 13:26:27 kernel: wl_module_init: igs set to 0x0
Feb 7 13:26:27 kernel: wl_module_init: txworkq set to 0x1
Feb 7 13:26:27 kernel: eth1: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11 Wireless Controller 6.37.14.126 (r561982)
Feb 7 13:26:33 kernel: device eth1 entered promiscuous mode
Feb 7 13:26:33 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Feb 7 13:26:33 kernel: br0: port 2(eth1) entering forwarding state
Feb 7 13:26:33 kernel: br0: port 2(eth1) entering forwarding state

I've done a Factory Reset + cleared the browser cache before setting up the router and tried rebooting. Entering EU or AT(because I live in Austria) brings up the same question as soon as I try to change something again.

Tried it with the newest Chrome & Firefox browsers on Windows 10.

Edit: Reverted back to 364_2, because the issue didn't exist there.

Last edited:
Agreed, fellow Michigander :)
Maybe I spoke to soon? The IPV6 configuration remains, but this morning no clients are shown. Typically windows and ios devices have one and in many cases 2 IPV6 addresses.

Are you seeing IPV6 clients in the IPV6 log?

Paul

Maybe I spoke to soon? The IPV6 configuration remains, but this morning no clients are shown. Typically windows and ios devices have one and in many cases 2 IPV6 addresses.

Are you seeing IPV6 clients in the IPV6 log?

Paul
Yes, I am at 4 days of up-time and currently have 3 x devices listed in the IPv6 "Clients" logs section. (My desktop, and android phone, and an unknown)

Yes, I am at 4 days of up-time and currently have 3 x devices listed in the IPv6 "Clients" logs section. (My desktop, and android phone, and an unknown)
Ok, I made one other tweak afterwards that I didn't imagine would affect it. I will undo that, wait for the results and check back. Thanks

Paul

Ok, I made one other tweak afterwards that I didn't imagine would affect it. I will undo that, wait for the results and check back. Thanks

Paul
Would be a good idea to reboot those devices to have them reacquire. (Maybe even an ipconfig /release6, ipconfig /renew6 if you are on all windows stuff)

Hi. On the Internet, go to a lot of rumors about the new firmware 380.65, namely that the new firmware versya 4180 under the GPL and GPL Built on 3831, it is true or not ????????

Would be a good idea to reboot those devices to have them reacquire. (Maybe even an ipconfig /release6, ipconfig /renew6 if you are on all windows stuff)

No, it was my bad and self inflicted. It works now. It turns out there was a loose nut behind the keyboard ;)

My AC-68U has just started to behave a bit erratically when logging in. After entering the user name and password and clicking Sign In, the router goes to the wrong URL. It goes to http://192.168.1.1/ajax_coretmp.asp and shows :

curr_coreTmp_2_raw = "46°C"; curr_coreTmp_2 = (curr_coreTmp_2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_2_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_5_raw = "50°C"; curr_coreTmp_5 = (curr_coreTmp_5_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_5_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_cpu = "76";

when it should be going to: http://192.168.1.1/index.asp

Any idea why? This is NOT consistent...maybe 1 time out of 5 but it has occurred multiple times. This behavior started with 380-65...never saw it with prior versions

Please see my post #101. This behavior occurred after upgrading to latest fw. This only happened a few times (log in attempt, then log out), then router signed into proper web page. I have not had this "glitch" occur again.

I just installed it and now I see this in syslog

Feb 7 10:59:21 syslog: module nf_conntrack_proto_gre not found in modules.dep
Feb 7 10:59:21 syslog: module nf_nat_proto_gre not found in modules.dep
Feb 7 10:59:21 syslog: module nf_conntrack_pptp not found in modules.dep
Feb 7 10:59:21 syslog: module nf_nat_pptp not found in modules.dep

I did a factory reset and restored settings using John's utility.
Any idea where is this coming from?

I'm with Rogers in Canada and I have IPv6.

And both my HTPC and desktop machine show up in the log fine and been there for the last 3 days.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!