What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe try and follow it to the letter, then you’ll be as certain as you can be that it’s not a software problem.

Are you using the original ASUS power supply; you’re not using a different one? You don’t have a spare one you could try just to rule that variable out?
I am using the original power supply. Have an old RT-AC66U somewhere. If the PS is the same I can test that tomorrow. And yes, my next step was to follow the 'nuclear reset option to the letter (sigh.....). And I didn't know about the "forced recovery flashing option.

It just seems odd that this occurred with a firmware update. Prior to that I only got random dropouts of wifi clients sometimes, which I could live with.

yes same here - we are lucky and astute to have the RT AC-5300. The number of issues that people are having with the AC86U - or the overheating 68U are mind bogling!

o_O I think you're blowing it out of proportion.

The majority of ASUSWRT & ASUSWRT-Merlin users are running either the 68u or the 86u.
How many ASUSWRT & ASUSWRT-Merlin users run a 5300? very few in comparison.

So it shouldn't be 'mind-boggling' that more people mention the 68u or the 86u, positively or negatively, as there are a lot more of those in circulation.

Hi everyone.Sorry for my bad english first :) .
I have a RT-AC66U_B1 and I put Merlin Firmware V 384.12 .
Now what will happen to mine DDNS from Asus?
Will it continue to work properly ?Because it says they get model info, firmware and... via ddns,
can I expect problems from asus?

Hi everyone.Sorry for my bad english first :) .
I have a RT-AC66U_B1 and I put Merlin Firmware V 384.12 .
Now what will happen to mine DDNS from Asus?
Will it continue to work properly ?Because it says they get model info, firmware and... via ddns,
can I expect problems from asus?

Asus DDNS works just fine with my firmware. The only pieces of information used by DDNS are the router's MAC address (as your "username") and a secret PIN that's stored in nvram as the password.

Thank you! I see that in privacy "Please note that your information, including your product model name, firmware version, Internet status, IP Address, MAC Address and DDNS name, will be collected by ASUS through the above functions."
Thank you again and sorry again for small donation!

Is anyone else running the iOS 13 beta and having issues with an Asus Merlin setup?

Turning on wifi on my iPhone XS Max, with or without a VPN running on the phone, causes the Internet Status to report as disconnected and then the whole connection drops until wifi is turned off. Took me forever to narrow it down to the iPhone triggering it. Betas are betas, but wondering if anyone else has run into similar. Doesn't seem to change even with going back to the last several Asuswrt-Merlin firmware releases for the 86u.

Thank you for reply , I am obsessed by this problem.
it was well at 384.11_2 , but i upgrade to 384.12 and it happend, even though I have done Factory default+Format JFFS.

my setting:
1561786976x1033347913.png

after reboot:
1561787011x1033347913.png

my setting lost after reboot ...
Turn off automatic setting on QOS

Thank you for reply , I am obsessed by this problem.
it was well at 384.11_2 , but i upgrade to 384.12 and it happend, even though I have done Factory default+Format JFFS.

my setting:
1561786976x1033347913.png

after reboot:
1561787011x1033347913.png

my setting lost after reboot ...
You want to define your settings
upload_2019-6-29_19-5-37.png

for example, my speed is 300down and 25 up , so i use 95% of that and put in 285 down and 23.75 up inside the bandwidth measures and I use FQcodel option.
Then I define my custom list (note I am using FreshJr mod script as well)
upload_2019-6-29_19-9-3.png

I click Save.
Then back on the main QOS page I hit apply.

What is this ?
Jun 30 01:34:26 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100c (12)
Jun 30 01:34:26 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x100c (12)
Jun 30 01:49:27 acsd: scan in progress ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_72.jpg
    Screenshot_72.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 323
What is this ?
Jun 30 01:34:26 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x100c (12)
Exactly what it says, automatic channel selection (acsd), since you have it on auto...

Anyone else Noticing issues with samba sharing ?

I can see the router fine but the drive doesn't always show here and you can't map the drive

No issues on the pc end as i can map my freenas drives fine.

Attachments

• fgfdgdfgdfgfdfgdf.jpg
    fgfdgdfgdfgfdfgdf.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 359

I can see the router fine but the drive doesn't always show here and you can't map the drive

are you still using beta firmware?

turn off jffs custom scripts on admin page, then unmount your harddrive, then reflash with latest 384.12 firmware release for your model, then after everything calms down, turn back on jffs and remount your hard drive, you can then reboot. see if this fixes the issue.

you could always try clicking on the + sign next to your harddrive as well
upload_2019-6-29_20-16-53.png

1 day with Merlin 384.12 stable : I had a few interruptions on the internet. Although the scalar is full, there is no access to the network on 3 of my devices.I don't use VPN and dont have a hard disk in my USB. What can i do? I use only 2.4 channels.

Thank you! I see that in privacy "Please note that your information, including your product model name, firmware version, Internet status, IP Address, MAC Address and DDNS name, will be collected by ASUS through the above functions."
Thank you again and sorry again for small donation!

That's because the same EULA covers a number of other Asus services, not just DDNS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!