What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Merlin, just noticed that you dropped a new 384.15 'alpha' code for RT-AX88U.. Care to comment on the contents ? what does it fix ? Can we help testing it ? what sdk is it based on ?

Thanks

It says:
384.15 (xx-xxx-xxxx)
- NEW: wan-event script. The first parameter will be the WAN unit
(0 for first WAN, 1 for secondary). The second parameter
will be a string describing the type of event (init,
connected, etc...). A wan-event of type "connected" will
be identical to when the original wan-start script was
being run.
- UPDATED: odhcp6c to 1.1-97-ge199804 (themiron)

I find this ax88u alpha build has ipv6 issue. Can no longer obtain ipv6 address. (ipv6 mode: native).
Switched back to "RT-AX88U_384.14_beta3-new-g6ed03020e2" and everything is fine.

Hello! Can i do a dirty update from 384.13 to 384.14 on my RT-AC66U B1 or i must do factory reset?

Should be fine, just make sure to read the notes in the changelog, especially the part about changing the hostname.

Hi @Merlin, just noticed that you dropped a new 384.15 'alpha' code for RT-AX88U.. Care to comment on the contents ? what does it fix ? Can we help testing it ? what sdk is it based on ?

Thanks

Just the latest commits from master (as of last night), combined with the 7756 SDK.

I find this ax88u alpha build has ipv6 issue. Can no longer obtain ipv6 address. (ipv6 mode: native).

@themiron is currently fixing various long-standing bugs in odhcp6c, so that code may be in a state of flux for a bit.

RT-AC86U here. Dirty upgrade from beta-3 to 384.14 a day ago. This morning i found my router had lost connection with cable modem. No GUI as well. Both 2.4G and 5G are ok, but no internet access. Restarted it and it went back to normal. but nothing in the log. Very weird.
I've seen this on occasion - even with clean installs.
My primary router (AC5300) has been having issues with the primary (high-frequency) band recently. Clients can't connect - asks for password but doesn't work/connection fails.

have you ipv6 dns servers automatic or static (empty)?

I have manually specified IPv6 dns server.
I use DoT, dns privacy, though.
On reboot, IPv6 (native) is dead. Disable IPv6 (apply), then re enable (apply) fixes it. :eek:

So interesting note here.

I unplugged and plugged back in my WAN connection after my ISP upgraded my ethernet speed (I have ethernet over fiber). The GUI of my router froze and I had to power cycle the router.

After doing so, my wireless signal strengths appear to be stronger and the PHY rates went back up to the rates I had with Beta 3. o_O

AC68U here, router automactically updated to 384.14, still having same problems as showing disconnect from WAN, and no internet. When I try to login to router via IP, it automatically redirects to QIS/welcome/quick setup page...

I didn't realized my auto-upgrade was enabled, and haven't had any problems in the past at 6 months.

I still had by old RT66U around, so plugged that in so I can connect to internet and find answers lol

RT-AC86U on Merlin 384.14_0 release version - no issues ... until adding RT-AC5300 running its latest Asus Stock firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81219 as Aimesh Node !!

Result: Broke Apple TV device access to Apple Store - Itunes on Windows 10 PC also affected ... cannot access AppleID account. Tried everything under the sun and on this forum [logging out of the iCloud / reseting Apple TV to factory defaults etc - no joy].

Note: The Asus Stock for RT-AC5300 has yet to patch both the Encrypt issue and latest Apple certificate issue.
Can't figure out why the RT-AC5300 should cause the problem when it is a Node - not the main Aimesh Router. I can only say that resetting and running the RT-AC86U without Aimesh configured works all Apple issues - but the moment the RT-AC5300 is brought in as an Aimesh Node - Apple stuff breaks.

Solution:??? Should I install Merlin 384.14_0 on the RT-Ac5300 first [Merlin-Ware includes Encrypt Fix and Apple Fix] - reset to factory - then try and add it as an Aimesh node to the RT-AC86U as Main Aimesh Router?

I have done so much resettting and starting from fresh - that I am loath to try the above solution unless one of the experts can see a reason why the former setup fails - but the latter suggestion might succeed.

Last edited:
Just the latest commits from master (as of last night), combined with the 7756 SDK.

Thanks (and also to Max33Verstappen). All is clear now. However, I can not test further 7756 based fws given the wifi locks that could be observed in my environment for 2.4Ghz.. at least until there is a hope that these may be fixed... I'll stay then with 384.14 by the moment..

AC68U here, router automactically updated to 384.14, still having same problems as showing disconnect from WAN, and no internet. When I try to login to router via IP, it automatically redirects to QIS/welcome/quick setup page...

I didn't realized my auto-upgrade was enabled, and haven't had any problems in the past at 6 months.

I still had by old RT66U around, so plugged that in so I can connect to internet and find answers lol
Not supposed to be possible for auto-upgrade of Merlin firmware.

@RMerlin

Does this version have a fix for Tri-Band on router AC5300 as the original works better.
When I want to go to 2.4Ghz from 5Ghz than it doesn't work. The Signal doesn't reach, example the mobilephones goes to 4G network instead of wifi 2.4Ghz as the signal doesn't reach when switching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz.

The original Asus firmware doesn't have this issue.

Last edited:
I updated my RT-AC88U yesterday, and started seeing a flood of the below in my log server. I found mention of similar in the beta testing thread but could not find a fix/reason:

dnsmasq-script[350]: connect error: No such file or directory
dnsmasq-script[350]: [SEND_AMAS_NODE_EVENT:(4684)] ERROR connecting:No such file or directory.

I have reverted for the time being until I have more time for deeper review, but any suggestions?

Just updated RT-AC88U from 384.13 to 384.14, now I'm seeing many entries in the log

dnsmasq-script 2857 - - dnsmasq-script[2857]: connect error: No such file or directory
dnsmasq-script 2857 - - dnsmasq-script[2857]: [SEND_AMAS_NODE_EVENT:(4684)] ERROR connecting:No such file or directory.

First link is about the users internet actually disconnecting which is not the problem here. Actual internet is 100% fine, this is just cosmetic on web UI.

Other links show nothing in particular, but common solutions of clear check internet via ping/DNS server addresses does not work.
Fields empty and disabled - says disconnected.
Fields filled out and enabled - says disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!