What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realized my auto-upgrade was enabled, and haven't had any problems in the past at 6 months.

There is no auto-upgrade capabilities in my firmware.

I think this is something new for .14 for rt-ac68u.
It appears many rt-ac68u have began doing this for the first time in their life since .14 releases.

The wan code is identical for all models. It's not a new issue.

Does this version have a fix for Tri-Band on router AC5300 as the original works better.
When I want to go to 2.4Ghz from 5Ghz than it doesn't work. The Signal doesn't reach, example the mobilephones goes to 4G network instead of wifi 2.4Ghz as the signal doesn't reach when switching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz.

The original Asus firmware doesn't have this issue.

Wifi code is closed source, and therefore 100% identical to Asus's 3.0.0.4.384_81219.

Will try the latest but what can be wrong if there is issues?

A lot of wifi issues are client-related, not router driver-related. Go with the basics: update your client drivers, set static channels that are not DFS, disable advanced feature that cause compatibility issues such as Airtime Fairness, etc...

Wifi drivers on the router rarely change at all, except when adding major new features like the RT-AX88U is getting with a new SDK that enables various Wifi 6 features. The router's wireless driver should be the last thing suspected with such mature models.

Upgraded directly from 384.13 to 384.14, 51 hours uptime. Not seeing any of the error logs mentioned, or anything other than the usual notices at log level notice. Not seeing any connection or wifi power changes, everything is connecting. Phone app remote for Samsung TV intermittently unable to connect to TV, but Samsung TV's network interoperability fluctuates wildly (I'm sure it's the TV) phone app remote for Roku works fine, private listening is perfect. PLEX media runs better, faster load, less stalls while loading. Two VPN clients chugging along. RAM usage dropped from stable 93% to 74% since install, probably restart effect. I'll power cycle again in a couple of days.

Last edited:

When setting up a router running an older firmware version the setup wizard asks if the user wants to upgrade to available 384.14. At least this is what happens on RT-AC86U.

I noticed my RT-AC68P router is not blinking anymore letting me know there is a firmware update.. was it backed out?
I am still on 384.13.

Updated my R7000 to Vortex 384.14, unfortunately no client detection with cfe 1.3.0.7.
- flashed it from 384.13 to 384.14, rebooted without luck
- factory reset with reload of my config without luck
- finally reflashed back to 384.13 and client detection remains to work

I noticed my RT-AC68P router is not blinking anymore letting me know there is a firmware update.. was it backed out?
I am still on 384.13.
My 68U did not blink either this time. Downloaded the update .zip manually after receiving a notification email from my router (Diversion).

Last edited:

There is somewhat ( at least it looks like it). Last night I did a factory reset on my router BEFORE upgrading to 384.14 ( yes I know we need to factory reset after and I did that too) and on the initial setup page the router asks me that 384.14 is available and you should update. I clicked okay and the spinning wheel just keeps on spinning.

I'm sorry I forgot to take a screen grab so hopefully it's easy to reproduce.

P.S I selected Access Point mode when selecting the operation mode of the router.

Router model: AC86U

have you ipv6 dns servers automatic or static (empty)?
Static but not empty (manually assigned server1 and server2).
The field under "IPv6 LAN Setting"("LAN IPv6 Address", "LAN Prefix Length" and "LAN IPv6 Prefix") are all empty on the alpha build. They're all automatically filled before.

On reboot, IPv6 (native) is dead. Disable IPv6 (apply), then re enable (apply) fixes it. :eek:
I also disable and enable IPv6 but no luck...:(

When setting up a router running an older firmware version the setup wizard asks if the user wants to upgrade to available 384.14. At least this is what happens on RT-AC86U.

It won't upgrade. There's no auto-upgrade capabilities in the firmware, there isn't even any code to instruct where to download a firmware from. Those are just leftover from the old QIS notification.

on the initial setup page the router asks me that 384.14 is available and you should update. I clicked okay and the spinning wheel just keeps on spinning.

And nothing will happen. The router can detect new versions, it cannot download them.

The QiS notification was only removed recently.

Thank you for confirming that Asus were still making AC87U's in 2018, hopefully we can expect few more years of support from them, though it probably won't get the 384 codebase due to it having a separate Quantenna chipset for the 5 Ghz radio.

Hopefully Asus can continue providing RMerlin with the binary blobs needed to support it. And not being on the 384 codebase so far has been a good thing as the router has been more stable than the 384 models without missing any of the features you need.

Welcome to the forum! Take a look at some of the popular threads for ways to expand the functionality of your router.

Thank you! Yes, let's hope Asus will continue providing him the blobs, as i think he is the main reason why we are having Asus routers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!