What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been running 384.14 for several months on my AC88U without issue. I updated to 384.14_2 and hard reset it afterwards. It was fine for a week, but I just left for a 3 week trip and now all my devices are showing as offline, including hardwired devices. I can’t ping my router and I can’t VPN into it as it won’t connect. I think the network on the router is dead. That is very bad timing. I haven’t seen that for a long time and only once with 384.14 which a hard reset fixed.

I had to get someone to drive 45 minutes to my house to turn the router off and on. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen multiple times while I’m away.

I've upgraded today to 384.14_2 from 384.13 and I'm having some IPTV streaming issues. I cannot download update channels, epg nor watch any streams. I've tried android and my iphone with the same problem. On my iphone if I switch of wifi and I use my cellurar provider's data it works fine. I don't remember having this problem before.

Anyone with IPTV up there? Is there a setting(s) I should be looking at?

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance.

update:
Rolled back to 384.13 and I have same issue. So it looks like it is something else. I will reboot my cable modem next. Grrrrrr... apologies for false alarm. Still if anyone has some suggestions:)

Last edited:
hello

im with RTac88U and 384.14_2
i having problems with this line
WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386)

and here is part of my log
Jan 10 23:38:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind BC:76:, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Jan 10 23:38:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind BC:76:, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Jan 10 23:38:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind BC:76xxxxxxxx, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Jan 10 23:38:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind BC:76xxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Jan 10 23:38:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind BC:76xxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Jan 10 23:38:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind BC:76xxxxxxxx, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

and this repeat till the end

im having problems with ramdom drops in the 5ghz band,
like this
Jan 10 19:19:26 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind 7C:DBxxxxxxxx, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 10 19:19:26 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc 7C:DBxxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Jan 10 19:19:27 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth 7C:DBxxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 10 19:19:27 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc 7C:DBxxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

please, could someone help me?
I has same thing,like to know what is't?also got this too
Jan 10 23:02:08 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 10 23:02:08 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 10 23:02:08 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 10 23:02:12 acsd: eth1: NONACSD channel switching to channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
thanks

On 14.2 both my rt-ac86u have the issue. After a couple of days they get onresponsive and all leds go off. Then after reboot leds are on again and everything starts working again. Is this a known issue and will 14.2 fix this? Also get this error a lot in the crash.log dcd[9847]: unhandled level 3 translation fault (11) at 0x00000000, esr 0x92000007

@darivo & @thanh
Is it so hard to actually read the thread, and only one page (34) before your questions to see the already given answers for practically same questions..?

Read the pages not seeing the same questions or I must be overlooking something. Nowhere I read other 86u where LEDs go down complete.

Read the pages not seeing the same questions or I must be overlooking something. Nowhere I read other 86u where LEDs go down complete.
My answer is as i stated for @darivo & @thanh, not for your issue...

Updated my AX88U - some strange issues with IP reservations and custom client names - initially able to reserve IP's but after a few days I can't add any new ones. Not gone above the 128 limit either (currently at 17).
In the Gui, adding a reservation, saves but doesn't appear. Check this on the command line and they aren't there either.
Tried adding through nvram set as well, same thing!

I've tried a complete factory reset and rebuild, same thing happens.

[UPDATE] Just rebooted and lost all the IP's and client names!!
Restored from a backup list for IP's, that worked fine (nvram set dhcp_staticlist="$(cat dhcp_staticlist)"
Tried to restore from back of names and got an error - nvramcustom_clientlist value length is bigger than allowed max length:1024

Last edited:
hello

im with RTac88U and 384.14_2
i having problems with this line
WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386)

and here is part of my log

and this repeat till the end

please, could someone help me?

Here's my solution for this logging issue. This will remove these lines from the log every 2 hours.

Create a script in /jffs/scripts and name it logcleanup or whatever you want:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/sed -i '/wlceventd_proc_event/d' /tmp/syslog.log

Make it executable:

chmod +x /jffs/scripts/logcleanup

Schedule it to run automatically by creating a cron job. In this example it'll run every 2 hours at 5 minutes past the top of the hour:

cru a LogCleanup "5 */2 * * * /jffs/scripts/logcleanup"

If the router reboots the cron job will be lost and the logcleanup script will no longer execute automatically. To have the cron job survive a reboot, put the cru command shown above into the /jffs/scripts/services-start script.

My mind is now officially blown. Went to log in to the admin page just to see if i could mess with some settings and figure out what's wrong with this thing and it wouldn't accept my password. 100% the correct password, had it written down in 2 separate places, would not accept it. Had to factory reset...again. Same problems persist. Wifi will work for about 5 minutes and then <1mbps speed afterwards.

@Chris121284, how long is your password? 16 character limit here.

@Chris121284, how long is your password? 16 character limit here.
13 characters. Ever since your first suggestion to me, I've followed the same instructions every time I've had to factory reset: 8-16 characters, no special characters, never before used ID's and passwords (for both SSID/password and router login ID/password). I'm running out of witty SSID ideas lol

13 characters. Ever since your first suggestion to me, I've followed the same instructions every time I've had to factory reset: 8-16 characters, no special characters, never before used ID's and passwords (for both SSID/password and router login ID/password). I'm running out of witty SSID ideas lol
No LastPass or other password extensions potentially holding an old password?

Tried 13_2 on my AC87U again and the problem repeated. Here are the tests I did:
  • nvram get ATEMODE return 0 (exclude one source of problem)
  • Run 12_0 without problem
  • Run 13_2 with the problem occurring at around mid night and would recover by 6am (three times). I am not at home during day time workdays so I am not sure the Internet is connected during that time.
I am running the stock firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.51939 to see if it has the same problem. Will report back.

Haven't changed signature until now, I am on 384.13_2, and did not have it prior either.

Tried 13_2 on my AC87U again and the problem repeated. Here are the tests I did:
  • nvram get ATEMODE return 0 (exclude one source of problem)
  • Run 12_0 without problem
  • Run 13_2 with the problem occurring at around mid night and would recover by 6am (three times). I am not at home during day time workdays so I am not sure the Internet is connected during that time.
I am running the stock firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.51939 to see if it has the same problem. Will report back.
My setting for months:
1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 308
@darivo & @thanh
Is it so hard to actually read the thread, and only one page (34) before your questions to see the already given answers for practically same questions..?

I saw it but there is nothing about ramdom drops
im having problems with ramdom drops in the 5ghz band,
like this
Jan 10 19:19:26 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind 7C:DBxxxxxxxx, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 10 19:19:26 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc 7C:DBxxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Jan 10 19:19:27 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth 7C:DBxxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 10 19:19:27 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc 7C:DBxxxxxxxx:, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

Im only have 2 clients in the 5ghz band, with win10 and pceAC88 adapter..

When disconnetion appear, the log is as i posted...

The client reconnet by itself....

I has not understand much about all of this only thing i know WiFi keep drop every hours?My RT-AC88U main,RT-AC3100 & RT-AC68U node back hauls use 384.14.2 way much much better then stock firmware just little drop?
Thanks Merlin

Also, I have not modified my bootloader at any time, so the Disconnected status isn't related to that.

I've been having issues with "Internet Status: Disconnected" on the Network Map, even when the network is working normally and Internet connectivity has been confirmed. I used to get that issue only occasionally, and a reboot of the network would fix it, but now it's persisting.

I've also been having more WiFi devices saying there's no connection, whereas other ones on the network work normally.
I'm on 384.14_2 with AC68U.

I've also read that both DNS and Ping should be enabled under Network Monitoring, so I enabled DNS.
Also tried disabling Network Monitoring completely. But I'm still getting the "Disconnected" message.

And possibly unrelated, but I'm also noticing a decrease in speed when I do speed tests from my wired machine. It struggles to reach the max line speed, which is definitely not normal for my network.

Just got an AC86U and installed the current merlin fw 384.14.2 and love it. Great work @RMerlin !

Noticed though that the "Miscellaneous Options" seems to be missing (under Tools>Other Settings).
Has this been removed or how can I enable this?

I want to use the Stealth Mode to keep LED's permanently off since the hardware button setting won't remain after a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!