What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is weird. I've got an AC68W (!) running 384.13 and I'm not getting an upgrade prompt. When I click on the 'check' box in Admin>Firmware Upgrade>Check Update panel the arrows spin for a few moments and then nothing. If I click on the blinking yellow exclamation point, it brings me back to the Check Upgrade with same result. I saw a reference to the blinking yellow and a low VRAM but don't know if that means anything here.

Something is weird. I've got an AC68W (!) running 384.13 and I'm not getting an upgrade prompt. When I click on the 'check' box in Admin>Firmware Upgrade>Check Update panel the arrows spin for a few moments and then nothing. If I click on the blinking yellow exclamation point, it brings me back to the Check Upgrade with same result. I saw a reference to the blinking yellow and a low VRAM but don't know if that means anything here.
The update check will use nvram variables. How much do you have left on the Tools page?

The update check will use nvram variables. How much do you have left on the Tools page?

Sysinfo>Internal Storage>NVRAM usage> 54407 / 65536 bytes

I suppose if nothing else I could factory reset and start from scratch. I've been doing dirty updates forever and could probably do with a refresh anyway.

This is weird. I just did a factory reset with 384.13 and I still cannot get a link to the update server to download .14. I hit the 'check' button and nothing happens.
You do understand that there is only a notification about new FW, and the link is already on the page...

Running the latest on my 86u, under traffic stats its showing my iPhone uploaded over 3GB to Amazon in a 2 hour period. That does not sound right. I know DPI is out of merlins hands, but my iPhone has not uploaded 3GB of stuff today let alone to Amazon. Strange...

Updated my AX88U - some strange issues with IP reservations and custom client names - initially able to reserve IP's but after a few days I can't add any new ones. Not gone above the 128 limit either (currently at 17).
In the Gui, adding a reservation, saves but doesn't appear. Check this on the command line and they aren't there either.
Tried adding through nvram set as well, same thing!

I've tried a complete factory reset and rebuild, same thing happens.

[UPDATE] Just rebooted and lost all the IP's and client names!!
Restored from a backup list for IP's, that worked fine (nvram set dhcp_staticlist="$(cat dhcp_staticlist)"
Tried to restore from back of names and got an error - nvramcustom_clientlist value length is bigger than allowed max length:1024
On the HND routers, dhcp_staticlist and dhcp_hostnames are now stored in /jffs/nvram directory.

You do understand that there is only a notification about new FW, and the link is already on the page...

I can definitely hit Dave143's link. And just now I went from my newish Win 10 machine to my trusty ol' Win 7 workhorse and the same thing happens, no upgrade window. If memory serves, in the past I always downloaded the new version, unpacked it in a folder. I go to the update button, click it and a window appears asking for the file name of the new version to update; I insert the file name from the unpacked folder and the router does the upgrade. What's happening now is that I'm not getting a prompt for that upgrade window; I click the 'check upgrade' button and I just see spinning for a moment or two and then it just stops; no prompt, no upgrade window. Several hours ago I did a factory reset from the .13 browser window and it wiped all my network settings (as it should) but when I go to the upgrade section I still can't get the prompt allowing me to insert the file name of the new version. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
I'm curious how many people in this thread, have had random wifi dropouts on their 5GHz band? The wifi band itself isn't dropping offline, it's just the connection between the two devices. Also it doesn't seem to be a problem with all devices. In my case, it's my phone. I know I mentioned it in this thread already. However my Galaxy s9+ randomly drops the wifi to my RT-AC3100. It's only like a 5 second disconnect, but annoying overall. The dropouts seem to happen more when I'm watching a stream via the twitch app on my phone.

Before anyone says try this, or try that. I have tried tons of settings on the router side, and on the phone side, I have forgot the wifi info, rebooted the phone, and reconnected after. Overall I think it's a driver conflict, that's likely on the router side. As my phone hasn't had this issue using wifi, on anything else.

Edit: This is the error that's logged every time the phone drops off the wifi.
Code:
 WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

Last edited:
I can definitely hit Dave143's link. And just now I went from my newish Win 10 machine to my trusty ol' Win 7 workhorse and the same thing happens, no upgrade window. If memory serves, in the past I always downloaded the new version, unpacked it in a folder. I go to the update button, click it and a window appears asking for the file name of the new version to update; I insert the file name from the unpacked folder and the router does the upgrade. What's happening now is that I'm not getting a prompt for that upgrade window; I click the 'check upgrade' button and I just see spinning for a moment or two and then it just stops; no prompt, no upgrade window. Several hours ago I did a factory reset from the .13 browser window and it wiped all my network settings (as it should) but when I go to the upgrade section I still can't get the prompt allowing me to insert the file name of the new version. I hope this makes sense.
retzer, you don't see this?
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 9.28.09 AM.png

Updated my AX88U - some strange issues with IP reservations and custom client names - initially able to reserve IP's but after a few days I can't add any new ones. Not gone above the 128 limit either (currently at 17).
In the Gui, adding a reservation, saves but doesn't appear. Check this on the command line and they aren't there either.
Tried adding through nvram set as well, same thing!

I've tried a complete factory reset and rebuild, same thing happens.

[UPDATE] Just rebooted and lost all the IP's and client names!!
Restored from a backup list for IP's, that worked fine (nvram set dhcp_staticlist="$(cat dhcp_staticlist)"
Tried to restore from back of names and got an error - nvramcustom_clientlist value length is bigger than allowed max length:1024

I have an AX88U, just got it last week. Running 384.14, uptime 4 days. I have 64 current DHCP reservations and just tried to add a new one to see if I could reproduce your issue. Unfortunately, I could not. Everything seems to be working fine here. I am going to reboot to see if my reservations hold.

EDIT: DHCP reservations successfully survived a reboot.

On the HND routers, dhcp_staticlist and dhcp_hostnames are now stored in /jffs/nvram directory.

That's actually helped massively, as I logged on the router and realised that /jffs is at 99%!
I have no idea why it's at 99%, I have no scripts running at all and just use almost out of the box.

That's actually helped massively, as I logged on the router and realised that /jffs is at 99%!
I have no idea why it's at 99%, I have no scripts running at all and just use almost out of the box.

That is bizarre for sure. I'm not using JFFS either, just running a pretty vanilla config without any custom scripts, and my JFFS usage is 4.15 / 63.00 MB.

I am getting ISP's DHCP did not function Properly errors on this build.
I have gone through a nvram reset, nuclear reset, flashed the normal Asus build, confirmed on the non-rmerlin builds that i don't get this error.
However when i go back to Rmerlin builds, i get these errors popping up intermittently. a Router reboot this time resolved the issue.
Router is a rt-ac88u. Build is 384.14_2

an 14 05:06:49 lldpd[448]: removal request for address of 1xx.1xx.xx.1xx%7, but no knowledge of it
Jan 14 05:06:49 miniupnpd[9621]: ioctl(s, SIOCGIFADDR, ...): Cannot assign requested address
Jan 14 05:06:49 miniupnpd[9621]: ioctl(s, SIOCGIFADDR, ...): Cannot assign requested address
Jan 14 05:06:49 miniupnpd[9621]: Failed to get IP for interface eth0
Jan 14 05:06:49 miniupnpd[9621]: SendNATPMPPublicAddressChangeNotification: cannot get public IP address, stopping
Jan 14 05:06:49 dnsmasq[19132]: using nameserver 45.90.30.20#53
Jan 14 05:06:49 dnsmasq[19132]: using nameserver 45.90.28.20#53
Jan 14 05:06:49 wsdd2[1133]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
Jan 14 05:06:50 WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Jan 14 05:06:50 DualWAN: skip single wan wan_led_control - WANRED off
Jan 14 05:06:50 nat: apply redirect rules

There has been changes from RMerlin, for me it is like this:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 378
FYI.. it was just a false alarm and typical problem between keyboard and chair. I've upgraded to 384.14_2 (again) and everything is smooth for the last 2 days. The IPTV issues I've experienced were isolated and are not router nor firmware related.

Thanks again Merlin for all your hard work!!!

I've upgraded today to 384.14_2 from 384.13 and I'm having some IPTV streaming issues. I cannot download update channels, epg nor watch any streams. I've tried android and my iphone with the same problem. On my iphone if I switch of wifi and I use my cellurar provider's data it works fine. I don't remember having this problem before.

Anyone with IPTV up there? Is there a setting(s) I should be looking at?

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance.

update:
Rolled back to 384.13 and I have same issue. So it looks like it is something else. I will reboot my cable modem next. Grrrrrr... apologies for false alarm. Still if anyone has some suggestions:)

Reactions: a5m
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!