What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been changes from RMerlin, for me it is like this:

AiMesh-enabled routers have a different firmware upgrade interface, due to the need to also handle node updates.

AiMesh-enabled routers have a different firmware upgrade interface, due to the need to also handle node updates.

Yes, I saw the link but it was under 'AiMesh' ... I don't use it so I didn't think it applied to me.

router-screen 2.jpg

@retzer, how I read that is that your router is AiMesh capable, and there is where you would update it, of course.

Regardless if it is in AiMesh mode or not. :)

@retzer, how I read that is that your router is AiMesh capable, and there is where you would update it, of course.

Regardless if it is in AiMesh mode or not. :)

Sorry if this is obtuse, but you're saying I should use the link under AiMesh. that's been under my nose the entire time, to load the .14 firmware upgrade? Even if I don't use AiMesh? Yowser.

Sorry if this is obtuse, but you're saying I should use the link under AiMesh. that's been under my nose the entire time, to load the .14 firmware upgrade? Even if I don't use AiMesh? Yowser.

Yes, because even if you don't enable AiMesh, it's still an AiMesh-capable device. Like say you disable cellular on your phone, it's still a phone and you still go into "phone settings" to update it. ;)

router-screen 2.jpg
just a question , before when the was a new update you will get an update notification , but from the past 2-3 updates the notification is gone , anybody else noticed this , @retzer I borrowed your pic to show what I mean

View attachment 20855 just a question , before when the was a new update you will get an update notification , but from the past 2-3 updates the notification is gone , anybody else noticed this , @retzer I borrowed your pic to show what I mean

I did see the yellow exclamation blinker, but it's not consistent.

And to all of you, thanks so much for the Captain Obvious lesson. I will now slink back to the ether until my next embarrassing episode.

@retzer don't be embarrassed! We've all done that (and for myself, more than once on this forum), but we're still here to help and hope you can pass on what you learn too. :)

@retzer don't be embarrassed! We've all done that (and for myself, more than once on this forum), but we're still here to help and hope you can pass on what you learn too. :)

Kind words! This one smarts only because I had considered it early on but rejected it because of the confusion surrounding AiMesh. I guess I should go with my instincts a bit more ('Luke, trust the Force!') and be a bit more like my old self, willing to throw caution to the wind. Thanks again everyone! I'll be lurking!

Dirty upgraded my ac68 to 384.14_2 from 384.14
Using Adaptive QoS with fq_codel and trend micro stuff.
WiFi, QoS and the basic stuff I use, are still working fine

Note: Since the ac68 is working as an internal router, firewall and nat are disabled.
I also noticed that when I update from the WAN port, the router request a physical reboot.

Enviado desde mi moto g(8) plus mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
@oso2276, 'internal router'? Can you describe your network set up a bit more? Thanks. :)

Heads up

As announced in the first post, this thread will eventually be locked since it will have run its course. I expect to proceed with that in the coming days.

@oso2276, 'internal router'? Can you describe your network set up a bit more? Thanks. :)
I wanted to use trend micro and QOS metric's with the AC68 working as access point, but that is not possible, so I reconfigured the AC68's as a router. Had to change some settings from the default ones but it works
ebfaf06d54a3600d5fbc6aed12c35389.jpg

More details here:
https://www.snbforums.com/index.php?posts/540798

Last edited:
View attachment 20855 just a question , before when the was a new update you will get an update notification , but from the past 2-3 updates the notification is gone , anybody else noticed this , @retzer I borrowed your pic to show what I mean

This happened to me for the first time on this update. In fact, at some point in the past I was away from my home for an extended period and upon returning, one of my Nest cameras would not stay connected to wifi. I thought the camera was at fault but I eventually logged in and saw that I needed a firmware update on the router.

On this most recent update, the same Nest camera was behaving the same way so I figured it was time for another firmware update. Not seeing the notification (i think it's usually a yellow exclamation point) it took me a bit of time to think to just search for a manual firmware update as I've never had to before. Sure enough, the update was out.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the wifi issues I've been having since this update. Wifi essentially doesn't work in my home at the moment as all devices get <1mbps and constantly lose signal all together.

I bet some money that he means AP behind another router
I actually mean Router.
I cannot use trend micro and QOS stuff with the AC68 in AP as they are not supported.

So I use the AC68 in router mode with no firewall/nat as a necessity. Trend micro and QOS works properly this Way

Last edited:
Under Adaptive QOS-Classification tab I have too many entries & I see this on top-"Disabled - too many tracked connections." What are these tracked connections? How to reset this list as some entries are very old. I had trend micro security turned on before but not anymore and I just turned on QOS today.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I just found on alpha downloads a RT-AC87U_384.13_3-g99be446b9e file (there is also one for 3200).
This is new and there is no posts concerning them, so does someone know the change log for this one?

All the new builds support an identifier so developers can tell if the current firmware version supports the new addon API (along with the other WebUI changes that weren't previously available for these two models).

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commits/384.13_x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!