What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade to 384.16 on both routers. Smooth fast and stabile. The client disruption that I encountered in Beta3 disruption though continues. Still trying to find out if this is the VPN provider of the router but given the fact that both routers show different behavior (at random the log shows /usr/sbin/l2tpd[12420]: Too many retransmissions on tunnel (46298/12555); closing down) with no clear pattern.
It happens at different moments in both routers. I am more and more inclined to think it is on my router's side. Anyone a suggestion or am I a lone ranger with my L2TP client? (I changed nodes etc but that did not show any difference. Anyway Eric and team thank you for this update.

Last edited:
Dirty flash from 384.15. No issues so far. Thanks @RMerlin!

Chanegelog for a specific release does not mention the asus version unless it was updated. The asus merge sometimes does not happen for multiple releases.

The info is still in the changelog. I'm not going to bloat each individual changelogs with 10+ model specific entries, just read past entries, like you would do to see what previous things were also changed/fixed.

I'm currently running 384.13 on my 68U. Should I do a factory reset after upgrading to 384.16?
I wouldn't if you don't experience any issues or memory leaks after flashing the latest firmware.

Dirty flash from .15 FW. Did the Mesh Node first, then the router. No issues to report. Easy, clean and seamless. I had already updated AMTM to 3.1.6 and no conflicts on that end either.

As always with release versions - stable and rock steady for all as per my signature - many thanks to the Maestro and the Alpha Beta testers.

Upgraded to 384.16 now getting shed loads of these in system log, any ideas anyone?

dnsmasq(316): failed to send packet: Operation not permitted

How's wifi performance on ac86u?
I'm still running 384.12 as I had issues with 384.14 and .15

Reactions: a5m
How's wifi performance on ac86u?
I'm still running 384.12 as I had issues with 384.14 and .15

You will have to try it in your own environment to be sure.

what works well for someone else may not work for you due to that fact.

Who uses the USB 3.0 connector? Does the flash drive work with firmware 384.16?
ASUS RT-AC68U does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!