What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RMerlin. I was able to upgrade without issue as I haven't run stock firmware in quite some time. In the future, should you incorporate the latest 3.0.0.4.384.81790 GPL into your firmware, would the upgrade be seamless? Or do you expect there would be hoops to jump through?

Thanks,
Anton
I don't know, as I don't have any information at this time about what was changed.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Any pressing security patches since .16b3? Can't really immediately go to upgrade unless some massive hole exists.
Nothing major.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Dirty Flash 384.16 over 384.16_beta3, all seems good for the last 2 hours :)
  • I have AiMesh Router (AX88U) + 2x AiMesh Nodes (AC86U)
  • Always use Fixed WiFi Control Channel & bandwidth: 2.4GHz: Ch 11 20MHz, 5.0GHz: Ch 149 80MHz, no problem so far
  • GUI - I have AiProtection, Asus DDNS (Let's Encrypt), OpenVPN Server configured
  • Scripts - Amtm, Diversion, Skynet, Unbound Manager, connmon
Thanks to Merlin and all the help in this forum:)

Other than the issue with auto channel on 5Ghz it works good here (not full speed on wifi on auto but full speed at manual at same channel)

Is there any difference between 384.16 beta 3 and final 384.16?

Dirty flash of 384.16 over .15 on AC86U.

Only problem I experienced so far is httpd crashing after I was transferring some large files over Wifi. Used scMerlin to restart service, seems fine now.

After upgrading from FW-384.15 to FW-384.16, the USB 3.0 flash drive fell off. How to fix it?

I checked the flash drive on the computer, it is working. Ext3. After the update, the router does not see the device itself as USB 3.0.

Last edited:
Dirty flash from RT-AC86U_384.16_beta3 and everything is performing beautifully. Many thanks, Merlin.

After upgrading from FW-384.15 to FW-384.16, the USB 3.0 flash drive fell off. How to fix it?

I checked the flash drive on the computer, it is working. Ext3. After the update, the router does not see the device itself as USB 3.0.
Make sure all the USB access settings are correct (USB 2 or 3 setting, sharing permissions) etc...
Reboot the router and test again.
If you still can't access it then a full factory reset or re-flash might be needed.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

USB 2 or 3 setting, sharing permissions
USB 2.0 - ok
USB 3.0 - the 384.16 firmware does not see the flash drive (no problem in 384.15). Syslog is empty.
Where to check the setting?

Last edited:
Updated all three of my routers to 384.16 and everything is working perfectly. Thank you @RMerlin, @themiron, and @thelonelycoder (if I forgot your name special thanks to you also) for all the hard work. Currently, I'm busy stalking the ASUS website for the GPL release (how long does it normally take ?)

Site Survey doesn't report and map 160Mhz AC.

Also, ../blur_new.jpg & ../logo_new.gif are missing from all WiFi Insight pages.

Yep USB Mode 3.0 is not working moved back to 2.0 and the router can see the USB again

AX88U
Firmware Version 384.16
Firmware Build Sun Apr 5 17:38:13 UTC 2020 merlin@844d489

Yep USB Mode 3.0 is not working moved back to 2.0 and the router can see the USB again

AX88U
Firmware Version 384.16
Firmware Build Sun Apr 5 17:38:13 UTC 2020 merlin@844d489

My SSD attached to the usb 3.1 port is still there after upgrading.

Did you unmount the drive before upgrading that is sometimes necessary.

My SSD attached to the usb 3.1 port is still there after upgrading.

Did you unmount the drive before upgrading that is sometimes necessary.

**Resolved Router & USB Reset**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!