What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might limit only in case other clients would need throughput, otherwise a single client can use the whole bandwith, dont know but could be implemented that way.

Yeah, you might have to generate traffic from multiple apps on multiple clients to see it kick in.

What about the bufferbloat though? I would have expected that to be vastly reduced with Adaptive QoS, the same as it is successfully doing with Traditional QoS. I'd also have suspected at least some overhead in terms of loss of max connection speeds, whereas they are the same as with no QoS when I use Adaptive, but I lose ~10% with Traditional, which I would expect to see in both cases.

I also see the same behaviour with Runner being disabled when QoS is enabled.

Just a quick comment on Runner being disabled. On my old 68U with Flow Acceleration (what runner was called on the pre HND routers) disabled I was still able to max out my symmetric gigabit fiber connection. So, don't let Runner getting disabled stop you from using any features that you desire to use on your router.

Anybody elase with an RT-AX58U who could test and provide their experience with Adaptive QoS to determine if the issue is across that model or just something I am experiencing?

Also happy ot provide some debug etc for any knowledgeable folks of needed to diagnose further!

Installed 384.16 the other day (upgrading from 384.15), on both my primary router (86U) and my AP (68U). The upgrade went fine on both devices. And for 2 days, all was fine. This morning, I noted that while in portion of house near the 86U, my phone (Galaxy S20) was not connected to WiFi. I tried connecting to my 5Ghz network - would not connect. Walked to back of house (near 68U), phone connected just fine. Tried same thing with my wife's phone (iPhone) and same basic results. Phone would attempt to connect, sometimes reported an authentication error (haven't changed password for a very long time) and sometimes not. I tried connecting on the 2.4Ghz network, and that worked fine with both phones. Rebooted the router, and problem went away. But this is something that hasn't happened before.

@RMerlin, sorry for the stupid question, but I remember that a long time ago there were a check box in the FW to switch on the reverse resolving of IP addresses in the SystemLog>Connections. Now I cannot find it. I never used this feature during last years, but now I need it. Did you removed it?

@RMerlin, sorry for the stupid question, but I remember that a long time ago there were a check box in the FW to switch on the reverse resolving of IP addresses in the SystemLog>Connections. Now I cannot find it. I never used this feature during last years, but now I need it. Did you removed it?
I think you can experiment by enabling in Tools / Other Settings page “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)”. There can be other unintended consequences, but it should allow the router to resolve local names.

I think you can experiment by enabling in Tools / Other Settings page “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)”. There can be other unintended consequences, but it should allow the router to resolve local names.

I need to resolve foreign IP addresses, the local ones are not interesting as I don't have so much local devices and can easily identify them by local IP.

I need to resolve foreign IP addresses, the local ones are not interesting as I don't have so much local devices and can easily identify them by local IP.
My mistake. How about using Network Tools / Netstat? The other feature was removed in 384.5.

My mistake. How about using Network Tools / Netstat? The other feature was removed in 384.5.

That is different. The Netstat only displays the connections/listenings initiated by the router itself. While Connections displays the connections initiated by LAN devices.

That is different. The Netstat only displays the connections/listenings initiated by the router itself. While Connections displays the connections initiated by LAN devices.
Choose Netstat-nat?

Think I see a bug.

RT-AC88U, LAN 5-8 show as unplugged on the network map page (they are plugged in and the devices are online)

Installed 384.16 the other day (upgrading from 384.15), on both my primary router (86U) and my AP (68U). The upgrade went fine on both devices. And for 2 days, all was fine. This morning, I noted that while in portion of house near the 86U, my phone (Galaxy S20) was not connected to WiFi. I tried connecting to my 5Ghz network - would not connect. Walked to back of house (near 68U), phone connected just fine. Tried same thing with my wife's phone (iPhone) and same basic results. Phone would attempt to connect, sometimes reported an authentication error (haven't changed password for a very long time) and sometimes not. I tried connecting on the 2.4Ghz network, and that worked fine with both phones. Rebooted the router, and problem went away. But this is something that hasn't happened before.

I've experienced a similar issue. Rebooting my iPhone took care of it. YMMV

Since you are on a new software version, it can't have happened before.

Anybody elase with an RT-AX58U who could test and provide their experience with Adaptive QoS to determine if the issue is across that model or just something I am experiencing?

Also happy ot provide some debug etc for any knowledgeable folks of needed to diagnose further!

I just went through all 3 variations of QOS on my ax58u 384.16 with limiter set to 20 down 5 up and it made no difference. I ran speedtests on 2 phones and a pc at the same time and whichever started first got the most bandwidth way over the 20x5 limit. I even did a reboot on the router and let it settle in for a few minutes but same results.

How can you test to see if my router is toast? After updating and doing a fresh reset, my AC88U is losing wifi connections and the guest network just stops working after a few minutes. It worked great up until I hard reset. Even downgrading to version .14 and .15, the guest network no longer works. I tried resetting different ways and only setting up only a wifi name and password. I am using smart connect. Is there a detailed log I can send someone? Thanks.

I assume 20457 will be in in next release ? Or is it already in this new release ?

There are some interesting changes

- Improved connection stability.
- Optimized CPU utilization.

- Fixed firmware upgrade bugs.

Once you set QoS check in game online to see results, don't check on dslreports, if you are in UK check fast.com at least you will be connected to local servers.

I noticed the same thing so I change from the 20/40/80/160 option to strait 80Mhz for the bandwidth that sorted my iPhone out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!